Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Sexual Rumors

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

My brain is froze! I'm tired and don't know what to do. My son is suspened from school because he started a harsh  sexual rumor about a girl in one of his classes. I'm sure he's going to come home and tell me that this was a misunderstanding, but I know it's not. I mean, I was shocked to hear that my son would say the things that got him in trouble, but Im no fool. Children are almost never who the pretend to be when their with there parents. Conseling is going through my mind but I know my son isn't open to it , so it's pointless or is it? Should I force him? What should I do?My son isn't a bad child but some times he just doesn't think.He wants to be this popular guy so bad but he's just a regular boy and I don't think he's ok with that so  sometimes he acts out. I've talked to him about his mindless behavoirs in the past but it just goes on one ear and out the other. I just don't know what to do any more. I'm afraid that things could get worst.

He's 15

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM
He is 15. Make him go to counseling. Even if he doesn't talk you and the counselor can and he can at least listen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Make him go to counselling. Make him go to the girl and her parents to apologise. Make him spend his suspension volunteering at a shelter, make him understand that starting those rumors can have drastic effects- suicide, increased sexual behaviour (because they believe they may as well be who everyone thinks they are) and can even cause the victim to fall victim to sexual assault because people think they WANT it. He would have no phone, no internet, and I would seriously consider following his ass around school to make sure he treats people with consideration and kindness.
drfink
by Emily on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Quoting atlmom2:

He is 15. Make him go to counseling. Even if he doesn't talk you and the counselor can and he can at least listen.

good advice

bizzeemom2717
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting atlmom2:

I agree....so not okay and truly harmful not just to himself what he did, but to someone else.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Drive him to her house and make him apologize to her and her parents !

newstepmom61811
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:33 PM

He's now suspended from school...his behavior is to the point where the punishments are taken out of the parents hands, the school took action...and the girl is likely humiliated and she and her family are dealing with plenty...this is one of those times to toughen up as a parent and get real...sit him down...reality check him...it's out of your hands...the school took him out...you're now forced to take some action...he'd in counseling...no choice in the matter...his actions affected too many people negatively.

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I agree with all of the above.  He needs to apologize to her and her parents, he needs to have some sessions with a counselor, and he needs have his devices taken away for a period of time, as well as his social time with 'friends.'  ('Friends' in quotations because if those are the people he is trying to impress with this kind of behavior, they really aren't friends at all.)

sharon6345
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Therapy is very expensive and it he is not going to talk antoher option needs to be chosen. My thearapist gets $90 for an hour who wants to pay that just to have a child listen and not change. no harm intended.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Any updates?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN