Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Anyone drive a hybrid.? What do you think ?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm looking at an MKZ but would love to hear any thoughts about any experiences with any hybrid.

Thanks

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM

nope

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I know a couple Prius owners, but I have never driven one. Sorry.
Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Oh, my dad has a Chevy Volt, and he absolutely loves it. He tells me it's incredibly quiet and drives very smoothly.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I know a couple of Prius owners. I haven't heard anything negative about the car from them.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:17 PM

hubs has a toyota highlander and LOVES it.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM
My mom has a Prius. It is a sweet little ride! They average like 45 mpg!
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Quoting sahlady:

I have the Highlander and really like it, great car! My Dh is looking at the new Infiniti SUV hybrid that's coming out, we are just in thinking phase now. Can't beat gas mileage, peop0le told me will be expensive to fix, have kept up on maintenance (free through dealer) and so far zero problems and we live in snowy, yucky winter climate! I also drive my car across the mountain range (yep literally) to get to my DS's college campus in Seattle area from Spokane about 6-8 times per year, in winter 2-3 times...no problems, LOVE this car! Are you looking at economy size or family car? We had Suburbans up until this car.

Geena_Page
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I am a Prius owner, and it is 45 mpg!!! it is an awesome car! i love it, and so far no problem, just bought it earlier this year..good luck and happy hunting!! :-)

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM

My Mom has a hybrid Toyota Highlander.   It is very nice.....but as far as the hybrid?  Not what it is cracked up to be.   When the car is idling, it is using battery only, the engine shuts off and uses no gas...which is Fantastic!  As long as you are in stop & go commuter traffic or do lots of in town driving, the hybrid is great and saves on gas.    If you drive more Freeways, then it doesn't help much at all.

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting sahlady:

I have the Highlander and really like it, great car! My Dh is looking at the new Infiniti SUV hybrid that's coming out, we are just in thinking phase now. Can't beat gas mileage, peop0le told me will be expensive to fix, have kept up on maintenance (free through dealer) and so far zero problems and we live in snowy, yucky winter climate! I also drive my car across the mountain range (yep literally) to get to my DS'scollege campus in Seattle area from Spokane about 6-8 times per year, in winter 2-3 times...no problems, LOVE this car! Are you looking at economy size or family car? We had Suburbans up until this car.

I'm trying to give up driving Suburbans.I have been driving Suburbans for 27 years....sob....My oldest turned 29 yesterday.My baby turns 16 in Jan so already no more carpools.With my 17 yr old driving I don't even drive anyone to games anymore ,they leave from school or on weekends are supposed to be on the fields at least 90 minutes early so they take themselves and we come later.

Right now my car is the suv but my husband is also looking at an Infiniti SUV ...not hybrid....if I go smaller.Most of my driving is not freeway or highway but city driving.I really love the Highlander , I have gone back several times but part of me thinks try smaller ,I picked the Lincoln because it is still a decent  sized five person sedan.Ugh this is hard, really I love and want to keep driving a Suburban but  really since it is rarely more than one other person now I kind of think it is time to go smaller.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)