Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Random Question 10/03

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:11 AM
  • 17 Replies

What was your worst vacation experience?

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Never had any real bad experiences. Lucky I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Getting food poisoning while we were at Universal Orlando.

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Coming home from a vacation early on a Sun a large two seat pickup hit us once and then swerved into us again ,my car kind of spun ,we hit a highway sign ,spun in the freeway again.The truck kept going.We were lucky we only had minor injuries but at least half a dozen people stopped to help ,the EMT s and police said dozens called 911 ,three seperate people followed the truck even when they got off to go into a ff restraunt.They were laughing about it.The police were called there and the witnesses waited.The EMT and police told us when those type of calls about the type of accident it was come in there are usually deaths involved.The hit and run were arrested.

Our insurance company sent us a form letter threatening to drop us if we didn't tell them all info we had so they could investigate properly.I called them and laughed at them because no threats needed ,I wanted those drunks to pay...literally.

It was horrible ....the hit and run part and wonderful....so many strangers helped by stopping ,calling and even following the truck ...noted who was driving and 911 and waited.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM

DH getting "Montazuma's revenge" while we were in Cozumel.  We were only there 3 nights and it was the last full day that we were there that he was sick.  

MrsBLB
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I had to ride a horrible bus 13 hrs once.  It only made 2 restroom stops, one was to grab a bite to eat also.  45 minutes for the "long" stop...

MrsBLB
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Oh my goodness!  Thank God for the ones who stopped to help!

Quoting drfink:

Coming home from a vacation early on a Sun a large two seat pickup hit us once and then swerved into us again ,my car kind of spun ,we hit a highway sign ,spun in the freeway again.The truck kept going.We were lucky we only had minor injuries but at least half a dozen people stopped to help ,the EMT s and police said dozens called 911 ,three seperate people followed the truck even when they got off to go into a ff restraunt.They were laughing about it.The police were called there and the witnesses waited.The EMT and police told us when those type of calls about the type of accident it was come in there are usually deaths involved.The hit and run were arrested.

Our insurance company sent us a form letter threatening to drop us if we didn't tell them all info we had so they could investigate properly.I called them and laughed at them because no threats needed ,I wanted those drunks to pay...literally.

It was horrible ....the hit and run part and wonderful....so many strangers helped by stopping ,calling and even following the truck ...noted who was driving and 911 and waited.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Haven't really had any bad experiences, just some minor inconveniences.

When I was about 11, my mom had taken my sister and me to Disney World then to visit relatives. On the flights home, I was so exhausted I felt like crap; apparently I looked it, too, b/c on the last leg of the trip, we got a free upgrade to 1st class. Too bad I felt too lousy to enjoy it, b/c it was the only time I've ever flown 1st class.

About 4 yrs ago, we were in Gaitlinburg and dd got one of her colds that gives her a fever for about 24 hrs. I knew she had a cold- her appetite was a bit off at dinner, we went to The Comedy Barn, she fell asleep in my lap about 1/4 of the way into the show, woke up about 30 mins later w/ the fever and just quietly moaned and squirmed in my lap the rest of the show. Poor girl : (

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Same

Quoting atlmom2:

Never had any real bad experiences. Lucky I guess.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I would say on our way traveling  to NY from Georgia to visit family during the winter months and got stuck in snow storm and was sitting like on the highway for hours only for them to end up making all the cars turn around. So it made an already long trip much much longer.

bizzeemom2717
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Getting stuck in Europe (Italy) in airport in Rome 3 days when Gulf War broke out. I was 19, with 2 girlfriends and scared to death.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN