Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

SAT tomorrow???

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 20 Replies

Anyone have a child taking the SAT tomorrow?

How many times have they taken it?  Junior or Senior?  Did they take a prep-class?  How are they feeling about it?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Not here. My son is too young.

Here's a bump!

AnnaMess
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:01 PM

My 17 year old senior!! is taking it tomorrow. This is the 1st time and she has only done minor prep at home by a book.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:43 PM

No, dd only took the ACT, we are in the mid-west, that is all that most our colleges want here.  Ds took PSAT earlier this week, he is a sophomore. 

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM
???

All the kids I know take both since kids seem to do better on one than the other. I guess I was under the understanding that must colleges take either or.

Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

No, dd only took the ACT, we are in the mid-west, that is all that most our colleges want here.  Ds took PSAT earlier this week, he is a sophomore. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Not me....mine have graduated.    Each of the took the SAT just one time...junior year.   Neither took prep classes.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
My DS took both. I think it depends. His first choice school wanted both so he took both. Glad he did. No prep classes

Quoting sahlady:

???

All the kids I know take both since kids seem to do better on one than the other. I guess I was under the understanding that must colleges take either or.

Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Nope, in the midwest, many schools only want the ACT.  In fact, in Illinois, all Juniors take it on one day.  Dh and I grew up here and we took both.  Some bigger schools will accept one or the other, but dd only applied to smaller colleges and they all wanted ACT.

Quoting sahlady:

???

Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My oldest didn't take it (learning disabilites).

My second has a GED.

My third took it twice because he fell asleep during it the first time. He had a decent score the first time, an even better score the second time.

My third...I think she took it but I can't honestly remember.

The other 4 still have a few years.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM
My dd took both. She did not like the SAT. She took it once and ACT 3 times. She has private prep for 10 weeks. Here ACT is popular in Wisconsin.

Quoting sahlady:

???

Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Indiana is an SAT state. Depends on the state.

Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

Nope, in the midwest, many schools only want the ACT.  In fact, in Illinois, all Juniors take it on one day.  Dh and I grew up here and we took both.  Some bigger schools will accept one or the other, but dd only applied to smaller colleges and they all wanted ACT.

Quoting sahlady:

???

Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)