Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far do you let it go before...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

you call the cops on your teen when your teen chooses to do the all of following:  angry outbursts, is verbally abusive when doesn't get their own way, is punching holes in walls, punching tops of appliances,  kicking and damaging items, shoving chairs into tables, etc..

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I would the 2nd time. One chance to straighten up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deb51980
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Call the cops if there is physical injury or clear liklihood.....to self or others.

Call the cops if the damage to property is significant.

If you are asking this question, perhaps it is time to call state social services.

PeaceChild
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM

No threat to others, but to self, and holes in walls are significant enough to warrant a call to the cops, to send the strong message that it's not acceptable.

PeaceChild
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Yeah, it was  choice after all to do the damage, even if he was pissed, not acceptable to damage our family home. And besides, this is not the first time. Other instances, he was made to repair damaged wall. He's had ample opportunities to straighten up. This was the last straw.

Thorlin
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I would because it also starts a track record in case heaven forbid things get worse. It sends a strong message and reinforces that you are not objects to be abused.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have him in counseling/anger management classes after the first episode of that behavior.    I would also tell him that I will call the police if he ever reacts that way again.      The next time.... I would call the police.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
This was my first thought. Instead of a criminal record what help have you seeked to work on managing his anger, change his behavior?

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I would have him in counseling/anger management classes after the first episode of that behavior.    I would also tell him that I will call the police if he ever reacts that way again.      The next time.... I would call the police.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cat4458
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

This... unless you have been through counselling and or/still are?? 

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

This was my first thought. Instead of a criminal record what help have you seeked to work on managing his anger, change his behavior?

Quoting boys2men2soon:

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Right away.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Thankfully we never had too. My sons never went further than verbal out bursts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)