Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Hello

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:43 AM
  • 4 Replies

My name's Susan. I have two daughters, 14 and 16. I always worried more about my older daughter, but she is doing really well. Now my talented, gorgeous, intelligent 14 year old has an eating disorder, depression, and cuts herself. She's seeing a therapist and is on Zoloft. Is anybody else experiencing similar heartbreak?

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Welcome to the group~

I didn't deal with exactly the same thing but when our dd was 14 we found out through her doctor that she was cutting herself. We put her in counselling for it. The therapist really worked to teach her appropriate coping strategies as well as self esteem building. Our dd is now almost 20, hasn't cut herself since that period of time and is currently focused on her college courses and job.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Hello, Susan. Welcome to the group. 

I have not experienced this. I have one teenage son that is 14, and he seems to not be having any of those issues. I do have other family members that have suffered from severe depression and panic attacks as adults, so I know how stressful it can be seeing a loved one go through emotional turmoil.

I'm glad your daughter seems to be getting the help she needs.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Welcome to the group. Not experienced any mental health issues. Many have here though. My girls are 22 and 19.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Welcome!    I'm sorry you are dealing with this!   It sounds like you are taking the right measures.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN