Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Following on Twitter??

Posted by   + Show Post

A lot of moms (in other groups) have mentioned they are friends with their kids on FB (or not) for whatever reasons.

I just wondered if anyone follows their child on Twitter? I just opened a Twitter account this evening because I love the show Once Upon A Time & they were previewing the spin off "in wonderland" & said to tweet #tinkerbell if you believe in magic. So I had to of course LOL. But I also decided to follow my 17yo DS & a couple of his friends. All are Christians & from what I can tell from their tweets they are keeping it clean no matter what! I'm impressed & very proud.

So what about you ladies... do you follow your child's Twitter accounts? Why or why not?

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (11-12):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM

No I don't have a twitter or follow my dd on twitter. My dd wasn't on twitter until she was 18. My sons aren't old enough for fb or twitter yet.

lovekisses
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I have a twitter.  My daughters account is not set to private so I do check hers.  I also follow my son but under a different name.  I rarely have any interaction with my son because he seems to have ill feelings about me, his father, etc.  Two weeks ago, he had a breakdown and opened up to me through text messages.  He must have been drinking because once he became sober he clammed up again.  So YES, I unknown to him, I do follow him on twitter so I have some idea what is going on.  He has me blocked on facebook too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)