Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Random Question 10/07

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:20 AM
  • 15 Replies

What do/did your parents do for a living?

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
My Mom worked at the phone company in different jobs, operator, directory assistance, employment office, medical office secretary. She worked there 10 years before kids and went back when I was 13.

My Dad drove a semi, then when I was in middle school he was a salesman of car parts and nuts, bolts etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Both my parents are retired. My dad was an electrical engineer. My mom was an art teacher before I was born, a sahm for many yrs, a teacher's aide when I was in h.s, then a substitute teacher.

gonecrazi
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

My mom is retired...she was a nurse until she had kids, then she went back to work at Fred's Dollar Store after my dad passed.

vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM

dairy farmers

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Mom was a SAHM Dad owned his own business. Dad is now retired and my brothers have taken over the business.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM

My parents both worked for an Aerospace Corp.    My Dad was an Engineer but spent most of his career in management.   They both retired before my first child was born.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM

My late Mother was head of sales for whole sale lumber company.  My father still works (he is 68) and is a software support tech for a computer software company.  He is hoping to "semi" retire after the first of the year.

02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM

my dad was in the army and died when I was 2 my mother lived off the government until the day she died she never worked a job she only worked the system.

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM

My father was a mechanic as far as I know.  and my mother was Nursing assistant with a state-supported institution for children with intellectual disabilities

PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM

My Dad was an Iron Worker "Rod Buster"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)