Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

should I force her to not see him?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 14 Replies

My dd recently broke up with her boyfriend and she was really upset about it. as expected.  He dumped her and she found out that he perhaps was seeing another girl while they were together.  She was sad for a relatively short amount of time and she told me she doesn't want to be one of those girls that sits around and cries about some boy.   Which I thought was good. Until she started spending alot of time with another boy.  but its not just any boy its the ex boyfriends best friend. I know this is revenge and rebound all mixed up in one. Part of me wants to tell her NO this is not good for you at all and then the other part of me says i have to let her make her own decisions.

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
She needs to make her own decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM

If it is a mistake it will be her mistake but you never know it might work out

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Quoting atlmom2:

She needs to make her own decision.

when she came to me to tell me she was going to hang out with the best friend i asked her if she knew what she was doing she said she knew exactly and that it wasnt serious and they were gonna just "chill" for a while and see what happens.   Guess not much i really can do except make sure we are stocked up on her favorite flavor ice cream.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM

She needs to make her own mistake here and learn from it.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM

It's all part of growing up. let her learn.

SugarrCane
The suspension on my car is broken...again :/
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

No, this is not a good idea.  Girls that do this kind of revenge/rebound get a reputation for being a "homie hopper" and it ruins the boys friendships as well.  

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

While it's not a good idea for her to do it- not to mention not fair to the rebound guy- forbidding her to see him won't do any good. She's going to have to learn this lesson on her own.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Personally I'd keep her that busy that she has no time for him. It's mean and cruel TBH.
bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Well it's not a great idea it's her choice. Now boy number 2 the best friend should also know he is going to piss his friend off or maybe he is trying to piss him off who knows.

Also hanging out has so many different avenues it could be going. They could just be hanging out as friends and nothing more maybe watching a movie or going for coffee. Then again they could be swapping spit and taking it to friends with benifits,who knows.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Yep, I agree with this

Quoting wakymom:

While it's not a good idea for her to do it- not to mention not fair to the rebound guy- forbidding her to see him won't do any good. She's going to have to learn this lesson on her own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)