Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

When you were a teen~ what did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing it?

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Replies (11-16):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM

When I was a teen I wanted to be a poet or an English teacher.

I don't do either, I have a AS degree in Occupational Therapy and work in special ed as an instructional assistant. 

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM

A psychiatrist.

No ,I was in a car wreck at the end of my sophomore year in college ,a drunk hit us and I had a severe closed head injury.By the time I was able to write etc again it seemed overwhelming to go to med school.I do have my masters and started my Ph.D. I am very happy with how things turned out.I have been a primarily sahm with my children .I doubt I would have left being a shrink and I have loved being home with my children..

1moretolove
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Always wanted to be a wife, mom and a nurse. Yes, I'm doing all 3:)
Ewa101
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Can't think of what I wanted to do.  Definitely not what I am doing - a school secretary.  I wanted to be a wife darning socks.  I am a wife, I even darn socks once in a while.

PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Lawyer, no!

Msgme
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM

In middle school I wanted to work for MI6 by the time i got to the end of middle school I had decided a police officer would be good enough  Either Narcotics or Organzed crime  unit.   Then I joined NJROTC in freshman year of Highschool and I wanted to be a Navy fighter pilot Then someone had told me that as a woman i would not be able to fly during combat.   When I met my dh at 16 all i wanted was to be a Mother. which is what I ended up being.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN