Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Every time we fight...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 0 Replies

Well I just wrote a detailed post but then something happened and my screen refreshed and I lost it all.

I am really frustrated with SD15 - every time we get into an altercation, she threatens that she wants to move in with her mom - who has two other kids, just got one back from children's aid at the beginning of the summer, and teaches her no responsibility, is on welfare and a horrible example for her kids.

I don't know if I can take another 2 years of this constant BS.  Her answer is to always run away - doesn't like school she just started, wants to go to another one, we get in a fight, wants to move back with her mom.  The kid's answer is to always run away - which actually makes me want to run away because I am so tired of all the drama and stress all the time.

She has been back for a month and a half since visiting with her mom in the summer and I can't count the number of issues we've had.  There is always something on the go when she comes back...

Nothing we ever do is good enough, we are always the "bad parents" and her mother, who at one point made it clear that drugs were more important to her than her kids, ends up being the saint.  She coddles her kids, doesn't care about schooling, and acts more like a kid than anything.

I am almost tempted to say "Go live with your mom if you think the grass is greener" - I should mention that in the summer my SD told me she never wants to live in a place like that with all these little welfare kids running around - she doesn't even have a room there.  But the problem is, no doubt that BM will try to take us to court to get $2,000/month in child support which is what we would owe, even though we haven't received a dime from her welfare ass for over 4 years.  Not only that, I don't want to know what SD would grow up to be if she was there in this crucial time in her life - she would probably get pregnant, be on drugs and stay on welfare the rest of her life just like her mom and grandma.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN