Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are kids more rude these days?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 20 Replies

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:39 AM
In my opinion no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:10 AM

Some kids have not been raised to respect others but that has always been the case.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Less respect and more rude, absolutely. I hear things come out of kids mouths that would never be heard or rare 30 or 40 years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
3 moms liked this

some.

but can we blame them?  How many parents say call me by my first name?  how many women dont expect and act in a way that allows a man to be a man?  how many parents are cheating on their spouses?  some of them may be more rude but they are not growing up in a world that demands and sets the examples of propriety.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this

In some respects, but honestly just look at a lot of adults today, they're not much better.

Overall though, I think most teens are still respectful young adults.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree.  i think because of the media and the sensationalism today we hear more (and louder) about the bad ones than we do the good ones.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Overall though, I think most teens are still respectful young adults.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Some.   I think young people are not as 'filtered' as they once were.   Adults are more rude today than they used to be.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quoting sahlady:

some.

but can we blame them?  How many parents say call me by my first name?  how many women dont expect and act in a way that allows a man to be a man?  how many parents are cheating on their spouses?  some of them may be more rude but they are not growing up in a world that demands and sets the examples of propriety.

I am one of those parents that prefer to be called by their first name.   I don't consider it rude if I allow it.   I get the same respect whether they call me Kimberly or Mrs.___.   

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Im just pointing out that there are many different social norms that were demanded years ago that have gone by the way side.  If we keep expecting less from the teens, they will give us less.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting sahlady:

some.

I am one of those parents that prefer to be called by their first name.   I don't consider it rude if I allow it.   I get the same respect whether they call me Kimberly or Mrs.___.   

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Quoting sahlady:

Im just pointing out that there are many different social norms that were demanded years ago that have gone by the way side.  If we keep expecting less from the teens, they will give us less.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting sahlady:

some.

Well, I agree that's true.    I think a lot of that has to do with the lack of trust in society in general.  We are less secure that other adults have our children's best interest at heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)