Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

10/11 Face Your Fears

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:18 AM
  • 6 Replies

National Face Your Fears Day

Oct 11. This unique day celebrates people who have faced and overcome their fears—whether seeking a better job, flying on a plane or pursuing a new relationship. National Face Your Fears Day is all about going for it, and encouraging others to do the same. Annually, the second Tuesday in October.

http://www.answers.com/topic/national-face-your-fears-day

What fear have you faced or overcome?

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bizzeemom2717
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Fear of living alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Changing jobs was a big one that I faced some years ago. It was hard to step out of my comfort zone but I did it and I have been in my job for almost 10 years now.

Going to college in my 20's was another one that I faced. I had been out of high school for so long that I was worried about how I would handle doing school work again. It all worked out and I did very well.

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mumsy2three:

Going to college in my 20's was another one that I faced. I had been out of high school for so long that I was worried about how I would handle doing school work again. It all worked out and I did very well.

Oh yes !!!!,I manged to get accepted into a different doctoral program.I was able to get it deferred a year because my Lupus was acting up...it is acting up because I am so nervous about going back to school.I will turn 57 next fall.I have not taken a graded class in 33 years...33 years.....It has been suggested by family and friends I take a couple of classes for grades at one of our local community colleges in the spring.Get going that way.That makes me nervous ,those kids are 18 ,19 or 20.My 29 y.o. told me to go ahead and sign up and pay all my fees.He said he knows I'm not going to just throw away my money so I will attend the classes just not to waste the money.I just may do what he suggested....

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I have a fear of heights and I took a trapeze class.

I also have a hard time with small spaces and climbed up to the top of the bunker hill monument... for me that was an accomplishment.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I have a fear of heights.   For my 40th birthday we went to the Space Needle in Seattle.   I stepped out of the elevator and panicked!  DH and our sons went out on the observation deck while I stayed inside...but I finally pulled myself together and went out!   I stood with my back against the building....but I was outside!

PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM

There are just to many I have had to face, but it is what it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN