NATIONAL I LOVE LUCY DAY
Celebrating the premier of one of television’s all time greatest shows, I Love Lucy, October 15 annually celebrates National I Love Lucy Day.
“I Love Lucy”, an American sitcom starring Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance and William Frawley made it’s debut on October 15, 1951. In four of its six seasons, I Love Lucy was the most watched show in the United States and was the first to end its run at the top of the Nielsen ratings.
- Was the first scripted television program to be shot live on 35 mm film in front of a studio audience
- Won five Emmy Awards
- Received numerous nominations
- 2002 – Ranked second on TV Guide’s list of television’s greatest shows
- 2007 – Listed as one of Time magazine’s “100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME.”
- I Love Lucy remains popular with an American audience of 40 million people each year.
Do you watch I Love Lucy reruns?