Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your going to talk to your teen about sex?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 13 Replies

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk has been ongoing since about age 2.  We are very open family and discuss often.

squeekers
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:14 PM

DD learned about sex ed in 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th & 8th grades. Same one month program at school, so she learned & relearned a bunch of times. By the time I attempted to teach her, it got into 'well, what did they teach you & do you have any more questions?'

nicole.mazer
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughters are 15 and 13. We started the talk at about age 8 with both of them and it has been ongoing since then. I didn't want to tell them too early, but I also wanted to be the first to tell them before their school or their friends did. They come to me as questions arise and we address things as the appropriate age comes up :)

~2 beautiful girls and twins on the way~

PoliteisRight
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I know our kids learn about sex the how's, but not the why's.  It's a tricky topic, both with my son and daughter.  I want to say, 'wait until you are married and yada yada', but i know that this may not be the case........

Quoting squeekers:

DD learned about sex ed in 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th & 8th grades. Same one month program at school, so she learned & relearned a bunch of times. By the time I attempted to teach her, it got into 'well, what did they teach you & do you have any more questions?'

Homeschoolmom99
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM

This: My ex tried to tell our son he had a "Wet-Go" Ant said "No I have a penis" Same man his elder son he was closed about sex and well that child thought red Gatorade made him unable to have kids! Well he had Lizzy with a girl not his girlfriend at 15! He stepped up and became a daddy when the girl didn't. He still has issues with speaking to his sons about sex!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Talk has been ongoing since about age 2.  We are very open family and discuss often.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this

mine learned the hows, whys, where, who, etc.... it is an on going conversation that started when they were little and developed as they grew and understood more.

Quoting PoliteisRight:

I know our kids learn about sex the how's, but not the why's.  It's a tricky topic, both with my son and daughter.  I want to say, 'wait until you are married and yada yada', but i know that this may not be the case........

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM

On going conversation in our house since they were little.  Not just the sex part, but the emotional, health and spiritual parts as well.    Since we do attend church, and the kids willingly at this age, they know what is expected of them, but forgiveness is there  as well.

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

it started very young bit by bit.I guess all the complete technical stuff was finished by early grade school.First or second depending on the child.But it never actually ends till they are on their own.

We did not stress waiting for marriage but respecting themselves ,others and at least starting adulthood.We told them we weren't sure when that was but sexual activity can change your life.We have always told our boys to think of their sister...lol cold water moment ...but to think is this something that would hurt your sister ,make her feel bad about herself...all girls are someones sister ,daughter ,granddaughter and deserve the same respect as their sister .

When my oldest was in seventh grade his cross country coach told the guys to respect the girls they like  the way they would a sister but treat them  better....no squabbles ,share the good ice cream ,ladies first...LOL

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, the conversation started before the teen years, and it is something we will continue to talk to him about.

Linagma03
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this

All mine learned about sex beginning at an early age, basically from birth because I'm a very open person and that attitude carried on until they moved out. We talked about sex, drugs, drinking and driving, you name it we talked about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)