Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What kind of music do your teens listen to?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 17 Replies

What kind of music do your teens listen to?

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fairegirl33
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

My DD's fav right now is Austin Mahone and Ariana Grande

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Almost anything, my kids have very different taste.
romalove
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM

My teenager has a very eclectic music taste.  She plays multiple instruments, sings, writes music, and records.  Right now she's enamored of Irish fiddle music, and has been playing her violin and finding musicians playing that for her playlist.  She loves classical (Tchaikovsky is her favorite but she is also a Bach girl and Dvorak) but she also loves Broadway show tunes.

Her play list can consist of Nada Surf, then a classical tune, then maybe Rent, then a fiddle tune, something from a French singer she loves, then maybe Mumford and Sons.

She's "different" lol.

sharon6345
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM

all kinds of rap

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I dunno. She just listens to it via headphones. I know she likes girl bands and male singers/guitarists, but I don't know who or what she listens to.
rebeccab1966
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM

My son is FINALLY taking an interested in classic rock.  So very, very grateful.....

1kidmomajm
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 8:02 PM

My son, 13, likes what we listen to. Mostly rock and classic rock, 70's and 80's rock. He has a real distaste for pop and rap. 

Thorlin
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM

My daughter likes pop music and some rap. But oddly enough she also will occassionally listen to a musical so go figure.

pce68
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM

My daughter likes most of the popular music out right now. Her favorite singer is Taylor Swift. She also likes Demi Lovato, Katy Perry, Adele,and well, I can't think of others. Oh, Yeah, another one she likes right now is Sara Bareilles, especially her song "Brave".

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM

She likes top 40 and pop.  She also likes some rock.  Thank GOD she likes Avenged Sevenfold, cause that's my obsession right now :).  My son who's 29 always liked rock and only rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)