Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

So sweet...... (and a question)

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

My older daughter's friend is home from school for the weekend and texted my younger daughter (12) to say hi.  My younger daughter LOVES this girl and told her that if she wanted a hug, she had one available for her.  So the friend is coming over to spend a little time with her!

My older daughter's friends have always been so sweet to my younger daughter (6 years younger) and even gave her a special nickname that only they call her.

Question - if you have a large age difference between kids, how do the older friends treat the younger sib?  Are both sibs the same sex?

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM
My daughters female friends love my younger girls. There's always laughing and tickling and all that. But it works as well because, one of
My younger girls told DD's friend that DD was ugly because she didn't have a boyfriend (neither did DD's friend lol) and the friends disappointment and words made my younger DD run up to my older one and give her a kiss and a cuddle.
DallasCowboys81
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM

My dd's are around the same age diff as yours. She also has younger brothers. With her younger sister the girls are great to her. She LOVES it also.  However wit the boys you know how they are.... Annoying lol .. I try to keep them away from my dd and her friends as much as I can.

PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I have huge gaps betwwwn my oldest daughter and my son (61/2) they fought all the time, 6 years bewtween Austin and Paige never do they get along, and 7 years between Paige and Gracie and you gt it even worse that the other ones.

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Nice very nice.

Yes we have been lucky I guess most of my older children friends have always been good with the younger ones.There is 13 yrs between my oldest and youngest.My daughter had a friend that hadn't been to our house much when she came down to the beach for a week.On the beach she would get so irritated that the younger brothers would sit near them ...6&7 years younger.She wanted to literally stay in my daughters room ,She acted like a little hmmph when we would all look through the telescope at night.The brothers would be on the porch with all of us...the horror.On third day she made up an excuse and her mom came and got her...I couldn't wait for her to leave.My daughter called a different friend and she and her mom came ,it was great.

Other than her ,most of the older friends are very nice.Some are very special to the youngers.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM

My oldest is 15, and my youngest is 5 - all boys. My oldest sons friends are treat my younger sons nice.

CampClan
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM

My oldest & his friends are 17. My next oldest is 14 (DD). The guy friends treat DD just like a little sister. They are all in the youth group at church so they spend at least 2 hours a week together. One of my DS's best friends is here spending the night every Saturday. It's like a huge extended family.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM

How very sweet!!  My two teen girls are only 22 months apart.  My YDD actually has more friends within her older sisters circle/age range than her own.  She is fairly down to earth and mature and most kids her own age annoy her.  My DS is only 7 and both of my girls friends tend to spoil him when they come over.  His name is Garrick and they call him Gar-bear.  This past Valentine's two of their friends gave him presents. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM

That is really nice!

My oldest sibling's friends completely ignored me. I think it's really sweet that they are more friendly with your youngest daugher than what I experienced as a child.

girlsclubmom
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:38 AM

My dd had a best friend who was dismissive and rude to the lil sis.It was hard on us all and I began to dread her coming over. We had big talks and my older one finally started standing up for her family and really regretted her behavior. My dds other friends adore her lil sis and thankfully she has really only be seeing those girls for the last year or so. Funny thing is, now when the old bff sees the new friends giving the lil one attention, she tries to act like she is close to her (pick her up ect...) - my lil dd wants nothing to do wth her (and neither do I).

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM

This past weekend we went out for dinner as a family.  My DH, MIL, SIL and youngest daughter (9) met my 2 older daughters (14 and 16) and some of their friends at the restaurant.  It was super cute to see my 9 year old racing to get her favorite corner booth, and all the older kids following her and sitting down with her.  We adults ended up sitting on the other side of the restaurant while all the kids crammed into the booth together.  Of course, the little one gets on her older sisters' nerves much of the time, but it is very sweet to see them include her so readily--especially when they are with their friends.  And the fact that my two older ones get along well enough to do things together socially is pretty amazing.  We are very lucky moms, sahlady! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN