Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Why do they...? (fill in the blank)

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 17 Replies
LOL...I am out walking the dog and see this older teen (17ish?) on his skateboard, his pants sagging and holding his junk! So he has hos last two fingers around the waist of his shorts and his hand over his....junk.

Is he seriously afraid they will both fall off? LMAO

What odd, funny, stupid things do you see kids do nowdays?
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Ride skateboards with out helmets. We had an 8th grader in the neighborhood fall off his board, he was a good skate boarder, was not doing a trick was not going down hill, simply fell off, hit his head and just came out of a three week coma. They are unsure of how much brain damage was done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Walking while both texting and listening to music- um, hello? You do need to be aware of your surroundings. . .

precious54
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:30 PM

watching tv, earphones on listening to music, & texting

Amanda-65
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM

walking and texting. my kids do this all the time and it drives me crazy. i have told them countless times not to do it.

Geena_Page
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM

my 14 year old son likes to do his homework online, while watching music videos on youtube, and sing out loud!!! lol but amazingly, he still gets the job done!!! writingtyping

KW1280
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM
This a girl bumped into me @ the mall

Quoting wakymom:

Walking while both texting and listening to music- um, hello? You do need to be aware of your surroundings. . .

KW1280
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Quoting precious54:

watching tv, earphones on listening to music, & texting

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM

One thing I see at the community college where I work is kids listening to music with headphones but singing out loud. Isn't the purpose of headphones so that you're the only one who's subjected to your music? LOL

I see walking while texting too but I see almost as many adults doing that as kids doing it.

1kidmomajm
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM

So sad. I saw a 20something kid on a skate board get hit by a car and he did a double spinn in the air and landed without a helmet. Horribly a week later a girl I knew growing up's, husband was skateboarding in his driveway, fell of the skateboard half into the street, was probably knocked out and then was hit by a car and died. I remember as a kid sitting on my old wooden skateboard ( no helmets back then) holding a rope tied to a bike, and riding down hill on the side walk around this curve. Yikes. Didnt mean to hijack the post, just rambling. . 

Quoting sahlady:

Ride skateboards with out helmets. We had an 8th grader in the neighborhood fall off his board, he was a good skate boarder, was not doing a trick was not going down hill, simply fell off, hit his head and just came out of a three week coma. They are unsure of how much brain damage was done.

1kidmomajm
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I see kids with that stupid hair cut of bangs sideways across the face or forhead, always pushing the bangs in place! Weird but true! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)