Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

10/23 Random ?

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:21 AM
  • 10 Replies

How did you choose/decide on your college major?

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I went to tech school for medical assisting. Sounded fun and easy to get jobs. I candy striped in HS and enjoyed that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I knew that I could do a better job teaching the subject then my high school teacher did.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I went w/ the classes/homework I enjoyed the most.

PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I went for my heart but the system is broke so it got me nowhere!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I didn't. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Chemistry 101 decided for me!    That class stressed me out so much that I was literally getting sick and my hair was coming out in handfulls.   My Dad told me to drop the damn class!   I was so relieved!   I knew that Math & Science were my weakness, so I aimed for Arts & Letters.    I ended up with a Liberal Arts degree and a Medical assistance certificate, which I never used :/

02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I chose nursing because I lost my dad to cancer when I was 2 but decided I couldn't deal with the drs because most don't really care.

I then went back to college and took drafting because I love to draw and math was my favorite subject.  I did this until I got married and became a stay at home mom.  I loved working as a draftsman and found it very interesting

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Psychology has always interested me. I took the introductory Psych class and couldn't wait to learn more, so I knew it was the right place for me.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I chose things that interested me.

Bertieb
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I started in piano music with a scholarship. I liked it but probably didn't love it and I had to change when I was a junior because I was too nervous to give an independent recital. So, really I think I only did music because I thought that was all I was good at and the scholarship. I then changed to English because I thought that was what I was good at, and could always teach. I got my BA and then went back for an Associates degree as a paralegal because finally, that sounded like something I would enjoy, and it was!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)