Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

her friends have started to exclude her?

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

My daughter is in high school and she's been pretty close two these two other girls for the last year. however, recently they have began spending way more time with a girl who excludes her. like when the four of them are eating lunch, she invites my daughters friends to

she asked me for advice yeaterday, and she doesn't know whether she wants to confront the girl who has been trying to exclude her, go to the girls she was friends with, or move on and stop spending time with them, which she doesn't want t do.

i told her to talk to her friends,but its making her nervous..

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM
HS is a transition. Sometimes it is time for new friends. Friends move on and some stay. Each year in hs brings on new friends and transitions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I'd say move on. I changed friend groups from jr. high to high school too.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Move on.    If her 'friends' are willing to drop her like a hot potato to join another girl......they don't sound  like people she would want to be friends with.

suesues
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:09 AM

thats life and teen drama leason learned move on My dau had a friend on block for 15 yrs then they seperated now at 18yr old getting close again 

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

I'd say move on. I changed friend groups from jr. high to high school too.

I agree with this too.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep and I would explain it that way to her

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Move on.    If her 'friends' are willing to drop her like a hot potato to join another girl......they don't sound  like people she would want to be friends with.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cat4458
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, that's the truth.  Lesson learned & it will get her far more benefit than staying & being miserable 

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Yep and I would explain it that way to her

Quoting boys2men2soon:

App123
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I don't think she should give up so quickly on her two friends.  She should talk to them both individually and tell them how she feels, maybe they just didn't realize.  If nothing changes after she has explained it to them then they just don't care and she can look to make new friends

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I think she should at least discuss it with the two girls that she has been friends with. If the friends decide they are going to follow the girl who is excluding her then she should move on and find new friends.

elsters4
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM
I think she should try to bring it up with them one more time. If it goes negatively, then she does not need them as friends. HS is a time of transition and new friends; there are plenty of other people out there she can make friends with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)