Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

2 deaths in 1 week at my daughters school

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 13 Replies

Last Tuesday a 15 year old boy died of heart failure during P.E. in the gym.  This past Tuesday a 14 year old girl took her own life after being tormented and bullied.  My daughter's school is a sad place right now.  I keep trying to talk to my daughter about how she is doing.  She says she is fine.  She doesnt really show a lot of emotion anyway so it's always hard to tell.  

Im just praying for the kids in this school.  I hope that the ones who are struggling can find the courage to speak to the counselors.  No more bullying!!  This has to stop! 

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM

How tragic!   Keep an eye on your DD and keep lines of communication open....sometimes it takes a bit for the reality to really sink in. 

I'm sorry for your community.  Very sad.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM
How awful.
In my dd's school her senior year they had 2 deaths in 2 weeks. One friday a kid didn't wake up from a heart defect. 2 weeks later on a Friday a kid was killed on a Colorado ski slope.
The Friday in between my oldest dd's friend from when we lived in Ohio was killed in a wrong way accident along with 2 other sorority sisters. Some lady smashed into them after going miles the wrong way. Hurt 2 others in the car. Really a bad time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Oh dear ,that is just heartbreaking.Those poor families .Those poor kids .That is a lot of heartbreak and pain all at once for your daughter and her school mates.Keep her talking and keep her reminded you are always there any time.I know you are but teens can sometimes get a little lost in their feelings.

My daughter's senior year a friend killed herself.They didn't have any classes together so hadn't talked in a few days.She had called about 3 days earlier but they hadn't connected.It worried my daughter sick for awhile ....what if ....in turn it worried me about my daughter for awhile ,she felt so guilty.Hug your daughter tight. There never is a reason but in the friends case she had been accepted in the college of her choice ,had friends .Who knows.

jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM

im sorry

cece5000
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM
That's awful.
bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM

This is horrible. Does your school board have a crisis intervention team. I know our school board does as when a 9th grader took his own life the team was sent in to work with both the students and staff. What made this even harder for the staff is the vice principal was the child's uncle. I would keep my eyes and ears open for delayed reactions from both your DD and he friends that hang out at the house.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM

It's so sad when people so young pass away. I'm sorry for the loss of 2 community members. I hope the students make use of the grief counselors available to them and I agree with boys2men above~ keep the lines of communication open. Hugs.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I'm sorry. How very sad and tragic.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

How sad.  I am saying a prayer for the school and all who are affected.

lilmomma625
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:55 AM

They do have extra counselors on hand to talk to the students.  I just hope and pray that if needed, they will go to them.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, encouragement, and prayers! Means a lot! 

Quoting bexsmum:

This is horrible. Does your school board have a crisis intervention team. I know our school board does as when a 9th grader took his own life the team was sent in to work with both the students and staff. What made this even harder for the staff is the vice principal was the child's uncle. I would keep my eyes and ears open for delayed reactions from both your DD and he friends that hang out at the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN