Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Why does he hate me so much?

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 16 Replies

I am ready to give up. My son is so angry and hateful towards me. He kicked a hole in my wall this morning because he didn't want to go to school. I am ready to turn him over to his dad and be done with it. I just don't know what to do anymore.

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Family counseling. Asap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LostinThought
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM

We have tried but his dad is refusing. He is just playing the blame game. We are in a reintegration process since his dad lost his visitation 3 years ago. I talked to his dad this morning and was told I brought this on myself. I am the one that has been here every minute of my sons life while he didn't do anything for the last 3 years. My son has had a lot of angry outbursts since the process began.

Coqui17
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I dont know how old your kid is, but he needs a good ass whooping. Acting out like that is unacceptable.  

LostinThought
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I agree! He will be 13 on Sunday.

02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Call the cops when he does something like that because they will charge him with vandelism or destruction of property.  If you are  renting it will cost you a small fortune for repairs if you don't get him under control now.

Lorena
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I would whoop his ass. That is unacceptable. I would also go to family and individual counseling. Sounds like the two of you need to work on your communication skills.
precious54
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM

counseling

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I would also call the cops if he got violent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM
3 moms liked this

If the dad doesn't participate then you and your son need to go.If this upswing in anger started with the reintegration clearly that is a huge issue for your son.He may have a lot of anger after being ignored by his father ,he may not want anything to do with his dad.He is taking his anger out incorrectly.You are on the receiving end because you are there and you are safe...you have been there for him.It is weird but sometimes teens take out their anger with one parent on the safe one.The one that loves them unconditionally.Middle school age is the hardest age often ...all that puberty going on and having to deal with this is very hard on both of you.Get help.I wouldn't call the police yet.Get both of you into counseling ASAP.

He does need consequences for his behavior.When he gets therapy ask the therapist for some guidelines for consequences.My most successful clients had a combo of therapy and consequences.

Don't talk about it with his dad.He clearly doesn't have the best interest of your son at heart.A father that hasn't been around for years is blaming the mother that has been there every day....what a jerk.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I agree with counselling~ you and your son together to work on communication and individual for your son to work on anger issues. Hugs and good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN