Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

~10/27 National MIL Day~

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 12 Replies

0aa

NATIONAL MOTHER-IN-LAW DAY

Each year on the fourth Sunday in October, it is a special day to honor the mother of your spouse.  

This day, modeled after Mother’s Day, was first celebrated on March 5, 1934, in Amarillo Texas, where it was initiated by the editor of the Amarillo local newspaper.

Some people get along very well with their Mother-in-law’s, others, not-so-much.  Which ever is the case, today is the day to celebrate them.  A nice card, some flowers, dinner or even just a phone call, take a moment to say: Happy Mother-in-Law Day to your Mother-in-law or to a Mother-in-law that you know. In the meantime, you have a great day as well!

http://nationaldaycalendar.com/category/looking-back/

Do you get along with your Mother in Law?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:54 AM
My MIL is wonderful. The best ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I had a wonderful Mother in Law.  We lost her to cancer 7 years ago and I still miss her every day.  I was blessed to have her in my life even for just a short amount of time.

PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Don't care for her and don't have anything to do with her...Her choice and it makes me happy.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Technically, I never had one b/c dh's mom passed away after we got engaged, but before we were married. We got along well- her last words to dh were to take good care of me.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:16 PM

We have no contact with my in-laws. My MIL actually passed away a few years ago, and I never met her.

02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM

yes

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I try to be as mature as possible for the kids and hubby. Some days I'm cool and some days I am over it, lol.

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Nope ,she NEVER got over I am protestant ....NEVER.She NEVER got over I thought we should spend more or less equal time with my family on holidays.Our parents lived ten minutes apart.My s-i-l 's both came from alcoholic families and basically ignored their family .My m-i-l lost her mom from an asthma attack when she was 18 ,couldn't stand her step mother so glued herself to my f-i-l ' family.All this added up to her thinking my sister and grandparents were worthless and a good d-i-l gave up her family.She seldom had anything pleasant to say to me .As long as she didn't disparage me to my children ,she didn't ,she could see them as much as she desired .I just stayed out of the way.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM

We tolerate each other.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I do.   She is not involved in our day to day life, so maybe that is why?  lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)