Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Trick or Treating #2

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 32 Replies

What do you think if teens come trick or treating to your house on Halloween night?

For example:

Do you not care (as long as they're in costume)?

Have you ever refused to hand out candy to someone either not in costume or at an age you consider to be too old to go trick or treating?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't refuse, just think they are a bit old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I will give to teens in a costume as long as they aren't pushing and shoving the little kids.

Parents who bring babies or young kids who carry their OWN bag- OH HELL NO!

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I've never had a parent carry their own bag in addition to the kids. I'm shocked that a parent would actually do that! Wow.

I took my son around when he was 13 months old. But we only went to a few houses, and I would have him only select candy that he could eat at that age. He carried his own bag too. Even going to only a few houses, he still had candy for a couple months.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I will give to teens in a costume as long as they aren't pushing and shoving the little kids.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Last night at the city Booolevard event there was a Mom who had on a tshirt that looked like a firefighter's shirt and a plastic fire hat. Her son was maybe 5yo and had on a firefighter costume with a soft firetruck overalls type thing- it was adorable but she had her own candy bucket and expected candy - NOPE!  

Quoting Barabell:

I've never had a parent carry their own bag in addition to the kids. I'm shocked that a parent would actually do that! Wow.

I took my son around when he was 13 months old. But we only went to a few houses, and I would have him only select candy that he could eat at that age. He carried his own bag too. Even going to only a few houses, he still had candy for a couple months.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't care as long as they are in costume.

I don't refuse but I buy several costco size bags of candy...I give several pieces to any one in costume and only one to non -costumed teens. Except teens that are with younger siblings.If they are helping out their parents I give full candy.Sometimes they wont have a bag ,so I give them one of my little sacks.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

If they're not in costume or or obviously an older teen I give them the less desirable candy out of the mix, lol.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I don't mind.... it is all good, clean fun.      

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Last night at the city Booolevard event there was a Mom who had on a tshirt that looked like a firefighter's shirt and a plastic fire hat. Her son was maybe 5yo and had on a firefighter costume with a soft firetruck overalls type thing- it was adorable but she had her own candy bucket and expected candy - NOPE!  

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

My Dh carried his own bag one year.   Our youngest son was simply too sick to go trick or treating... he made it to a couple of houses then I had to take him home.   He cried because he wanted candy (he LOVES candy) Dh felt terrible, so he donned a mask and took our son's bag and went trick or treating with our other son.   He explained the situation at every door.   Our older son helped :)     Honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal.... most people in our neighborhood recognized our family due to school functions and Dh coaching.... they knew he was missing a kid that night!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM
That is a totally different situation than dressing up to match your kid and carrying your own bag.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

My Dh carried his own bag one year.   Our youngest son was simply too sick to go trick or treating... he made it to a couple of houses then I had to take him home.   He cried because he wanted candy (he LOVES candy) Dh felt terrible, so he donned a mask and took our son's bag and went trick or treating with our other son.   He explained the situation at every door.   Our older son helped :)     Honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal.... most people in our neighborhood recognized our family due to school functions and Dh coaching.... they knew he was missing a kid that night!

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM

In the 15 yrs. I've lived at this address we have never had a trick-or-treater come to our door so I don't know what I'd do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)