Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Trick or Treating #3

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 29 Replies

Will your house be handing out candy this year? If so, do you know who will be handing out the candy (i.e., yourself, your SO, your teen)? Does the person handing out candy normally dress up?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I hand it out. No, I never dress up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shorty13417
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM

nope.. i won't be handing out candy this year

momma-of-three3
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM
My dd14 and dd16 will hand it out. No one comes though but they're gonna attempt to hand it out. They probably won't dress up. Mostly because our local target ran out of costumes.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM
My oldest (the teenager) will be handing out the candy this year. No he won't be dressing up.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM

My mom will be handing out the candy for us. She never gets trick-or-treaters at her apartment, so she helps us out. DH and I both go out with the kids--the costumes are themed for the whole group--so otherwise there would be nobody there.

Oh and no, DH and I do NOT actually ask for candy, haha! But it's fun to dress up and go out with the kids.

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 14 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 9 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 5 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 18 months old
Angela Victoria 06-09-1996 - 17 years old (niece) 

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM

No but we darken our front hall way ,only have a few dark orange and purple lights flashing and a cd that has scary music.We hang  dark blankets  in front of the french doors into the den and shut the doors....my husband LOVES doing this.I broke his heart by turning one of the area lights in our yard towards the door.He likes the porch light off but just with the orange and purple lights around the door people skipped us ,thought we weren't home...no porch light.

We get a lot of great reactions.Makes my husbands day ,though he is seldom here before 7 or 7:30 so misses the early TorT 's.

bizzeemom2717
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I will take our little guy out so my dh usually does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:44 AM
We won't be handing out candy at our this year as no one will be home. I will be at my best fruend's house in TX. She has a 4 year old so we will be taking him out trick or treating. Not sure whether my DD will be dressing up or if she'll even go with us.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Donnie's Mom on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I don't hand out candy. We haven't had any trick or treaters ring our bell in years.
wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM

We will be handing out candy- sort of. I take the kids out, dh puts the candy in a bowl on the porch w/ a "Help yourself but leave some for others" note, and then he goes and hangs out around a portable firepit in a neighbor's driveway w/ a bunch of other dads. He does not dress up; sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, depends on the weather and my mood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN