Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father's Intuition....who knew?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 14 Replies

Mother's Intuition is usually a sure bet around here.  I get a weird feeling and know...just know that something is amiss with one of the guys.

Today, my Dh walked in and asked if I had heard from our youngest?  Dh texted him to make sure he was okay.  He responded that he was fine.  Dh had a weird feeling.... he had dozed off and woke up worried.  Our son and his buddy had taken off in the buddy's 'new' car.   A souped up firebird.   Dh said it was a recipe for disaster.... teens in a unfamiliar car with way too much power on wet, slick roads.

A couple hours later.... Dear old Dad gets a call.  "Dad?  I need your help...we've had an accident".   Sure enough, our son's buddy lost control on a curve and hit the guardrail.   Both boys are fine.   The car, which the kid just got yesterday, is pretty damaged. 

As always, I am so glad that our son knows he can always call us for help.  I find it sad that his buddy didn't call his own Dad, but was all for calling DH.    

Dh is still wandering about muttering "I knew, I just knew something like this was going to happen.   

Anyone else have any experience with Father's Intuition? 

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drfink
by Emily on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh my gosh thank goodness your son and his friend  are ok.

No my husband in some ways is a dufus ,something has to be happening an inch from his nose with the kids....lol...they all survived

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad to hear the boys were okay. Kudos to your hubby for having any kind of intuition, lol. My husband has none. He usually asks me what kind of vibe I am having regarding a situation with one of our kids.

02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:40 PM

no my husband would never admit it if he did

Glad the boys are ok

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mumsy2three:

I'm glad to hear the boys were okay. Kudos to your hubby for having any kind of intuition, lol. My husband has none. He usually asks me what kind of vibe I am having regarding a situation with one of our kids.

Well, at least he asks!     My DH tends to listen to his gut feelings, which are usually pretty accurate..... but this is the first time I can remember that he truly had a feeling that something was going to happen...

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Quoting drfink:

Oh my gosh thank goodness your son and his friend  are ok.

No my husband in some ways is a dufus ,something has to be happening an inch from his nose with the kids....lol...they all survived

Lol.  I think that is normal.   My Dh has a habit of letting things slide right past him....he see's what happens, just chooses not to react.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Quoting 02nana07:

no my husband would never admit it if he did

Glad the boys are ok

Why?   Would he be afraid you may over react?

Lil_Wolf
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Glad everyone is alright. Cars can be fixed or replaced a lot easier than the people inside them can be. Some folks have premonitions about things. They just know. I always listen when I get that feeling or someone I know & trust gets it. Saved my bacon on more than a few occassions.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Wow glad everyone is okay!
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Parents have an intuition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreamer3
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, glad to hear they're both okay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)