Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do your teens actively participate in Halloween?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:06 PM
  • 16 Replies

Do your teens actively participate in Halloween? Do they dress up and go ToT'ing? Attend Halloween parties or dances? Give out candy at home?

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM
My dd does at college.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My dd is allowed to dress up for Halloween at work.

elsters4
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Yes they dress up and go trick or treating. They'll pass out candy for the first hour and then go trick or treating once the sun has completely set. They attend Halloween parties/dances the weekend prior to or after Halloween, depending when Halloween falls. They love Halloween and actively participate every year. They usually make plans with friends :) My daughters are 13 and 11 (8th grade and 6th grade).

disneymom2two
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I'm not a fan of teens trick or treating so no, my 15 year old doesn't do that.  For the past couple of years he went to a friend's house but since DH is working and I won't drive on Halloween night, he'll be home passing out candy.

luvligrl323
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I was hoping my DD14 would not be into it this year. We have 4 kids 7,10,10 and 14. It gets expensive. But she still wants to dress up and go with us trick or treating. Last year she brought her 2 BFF's with us. They all dressed up.
AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Yes, she loves it
02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:22 PM

my daughter did but my sons stopped at 12

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:50 AM
My kids all volunteer at the Elks Lodge Haunted house. This year the oldest (15) ran a game and handed out candy.

My middle son (13) jumped out of the coffin and scared people.

DD (10) helped take tours through.
proudmother5946
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Dd(14)and I painted kids faces at our church harvest festival.
She did complain about the not getting candy anymore. At almost 6 foot tall no one believes she's still a child.
lakerfan420
by Jamie on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:13 AM
My older kids (15, 14, 12) will usually go tot'ing with their friends after we all take the four year old out for a bit (their choice) and then end up wherever they're planning on being for the night. Sometimes it's our house, sometimes friends' houses, and there's usually a sleepover involved. However, due to inclement weather this year, Bri went straight to the all nighter at the church, Lexi and Teddy went to parties at friends' houses and are spending the night while I took the little one to the mall to go tot'ing. So it's just me, dh and our little one home tonight. Rarely does that happen, so I'm taking advantage!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)