Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teens & their siblings

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM
  • 31 Replies
Does your teen get along with their siblings? I have a 18 yr old son...a 15 your old daughter and a 13 yr old special needs daughter. My 18 yr old and 15 are constantly arguing and picking at each other. It is so bad that I honestly believe they hate each other. They are old enough to act right but they don't. I have told them to just stay away from each other. Don't talk to each other. Just avoid each other. It works for a bit then they are at it again. =( Then in the mean time my youngest the 13 yr old will be having a meltdown of her own or some how winds up in their squabble. =( I am soooo tired of this. Am I the only one going through this? Will they always hate each other?
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Mine ignored each other in HS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM
My (15 year old) teen is the oldest of four boys. My younger sons are 12, 8 and 5. He "gets along" with my younger sons, he fights with my 12 year old but not as much as when they were younger. As they get older they get along better.
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My kids are 4 years apart, and were very close. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I have an only child. Here's a bump.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM

My sons are 3.5 years apart..... they argued and annoyed the hell out of each other until the oldest was in college.    They actually get along well, now!   They are polar opposites in many ways, but they have finally learned to accept each other for who they are...and embrace their differences.

Don't get me wrong....  even when they were at their worst towards each other.....   God Help anyone who said a negative word about the other.   They have always had each others' backs.   It is hilarious to witness.

bizzeemom2717
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Yep for most part and the older they get the more so. They are almost 5 years apart. Ds is 20 and dd is almost 16. Our lil guy is 3 and loved by both. Now that ds is away in college last few years they seem to appreciate each others time even more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:17 AM

My dd will be 20 on Saturday. My sons are 11 and 8. My oldest rarely fights with her brothers, she did sometimes when she was younger but it wasn't often since there is such an age gap. My boys are always fighting, I'm sure it will continue into their teen years. They are best friends one minute and at each others throats the next. 

SnowWhieQueen
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:48 AM

my 13 yr old trys...but my 11 yr old makes it hard...my 11 yr old tends to be a lil bit of a handful to all the kids...but for the most part all 5 get along ,my 11 yr old not so much he doesn't like ppl he'd rather be alone..if u understood all that ..coming from my sleep deprived mind..lol so ur for sure not alone as how to fix it im not sure...good luck mama

suesues
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:36 AM

son 21 dau 18 fight here and there just get on each others nerve must learn how to tolerate each other 

shansa3fan
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I have three teens close in age. They will fight to the death but when something happens to one, they're right there to support them. It's something like, "My sibling is the only one allowed to fight with them." I have a daughter who is making some extremely wrong decisions with a boyfriend. The two other sibling are unbelievably mad at her. But if that boyfriend ever hits her, they will be all over his butt. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN