Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Very Proud of my Boy!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
3 moms liked this

My son is 16 and a sophmore in High school.  He's never really been a great student.  He tries just hard enough to pass his classes.  His school does not do letter grades  they do numbers with 65 being a passing grade.  He's always been a 65-70 student.  Some classes he just passes with a lil more ease than others. Social Studies is an easier class for him and English being one of the harder subjects.  Last year his Social studies teacher saw the potential in him and recomended an honors social studies class for this year.  The teacher was hoping if he was pushed a lil harder he would be less bored and do better.  By accident he ended up in an honors English class.  he passed English last year with a 70 the teacher was being nice. they couldnt take him out of honors english unless he failed a marking period.   We just got report  cards and he passed both of his  honors classes with an 85.  the only other time i've seen a grade as high as 85 on his report card was in weight lifting which he once again had an 85.  he also got an 80 in science and math was a lil low but i expected that because he's always truly struggled in math. but at his parent teacher the math teacher told me he was trying really hard and if he keeps it up his math grade should go up by the end of the sememster.

His sister also a sophmore has always had perfect grades.  I've always suspected that his lack of trying had to do with his sister always doing so well.  Perhaps thinking that he couldnt compete with her so he wasnt even going to try and get the grades she gets.  I've always told him what his sister does has  nothing to do with him and there is no competition.  But having a younger sibling of 2 years in the same grade as him and always doing so well there has to difficult for him.   I'm so proud of his grades and knew he had it in him if he just tried.  On top of the good grades this marking period he has been talking about college.  College is always a topic in our house with my dd. She's been dreaming of college since her very first day of school.  i'm just such a proud momma

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Good for him!
Amazing what can happen when someone believes in a kid.
gonecrazi
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM

That is really good news.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Great news~ congrats to him.

My dd was always a mediocre student in hs she did what she had to do to pass and graduate. She's in her freshman year of college now and currently has 3 A's and a B. She's determined to bring the B up to an A before the end of the semester. I'm very proud of her.

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Wow that is so great that he found a teacher to believe in him and give him a chance to shine. I hope he knows how proud you are. Way to go

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Good for him!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Good for him!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Congrats to him!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)