Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Proud mom post, brag about your kids!

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

We haven't had a group wide brag post in a while.

Let's share what our teens are doing to make us proud of them at this moment in time.

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Reina on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM
7 moms liked this

My son has a 3.5 GPA in his first year of college so far. I am really proud of how hard he is working and how serious he is taking everything. 

MissMelanieC
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM
6 moms liked this

My 13 year old has improved drastically in school. I think it has a lot to do with her not attending Catholic school anymore and is now in public. Nevertheless, she's improved and her confidence is greater as well. Seeing her happier makes me proud.

happy

precious54
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:19 AM
5 moms liked this

My son has an A in electrical school

Msgme
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM
4 moms liked this

Well my son just had the best report card of his life.  passig both of his honors classes (classes he shouldnt of been in based on previous grades) with high grades. I can't  express in words how proud of him I am.

My dd got perfect grades yet again on her report card and altho i'm quite proud its a normal thing for her to do so well.    What i'm most proud of her is how she is handling things this semester.  She had auditioned for both the winter drama "the miracle worker" and the Winter musical "Rag time"  she was very close to getting a lead in the miracle worker and had 2 call backs.  because the director of that show was so close to casting her  the director of rag time did not cast her.  she was devastated. She really thought she had the part of Helen but they gave it to senior in the end.  She was really sad for a couple of days and moping around. Right after that her boyfriend broke up with her and she was so heart broken.  she just kept telling me how lost she was and had no direction.  All my words of wisdom she just didnt seem to care.  then after about a week of being really sad she just decides she was going to do something.  She signed up in school to be a peer tutor.  something she's done before.  then she went to her old middle school and offered to tutorr kids there after school for free.  she does weekend tutoring sometimes that she gets paid for.  Then the mom of the lil boy she sometimes babysits is currently enrolled in college but she doesn't really speak much English and she's trying really hard but due to her english being not great she's having alot of trouble. so my dd offered to tutor her.  Its only been a cpl weeks but the womans grades are improoving.

My 11 year old is doing well too.  She's in middle school this year and she signed up for chorus. She is also in whats called spirit club and she joined the schools running club.  She has her first race tomorrow in central park.  She's been training so hard.  i'm just so proud of her.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM
4 moms liked this

My DD16 just found out she is rank 2nd in her class.  She is also doing awesome in the school band and has decided to try out for drum major for next year. 

My DD14 is doing great in school this year with all A's.   She is a very good singer and is in choir this year.  She is typically very shy but decided to go outside her comfort zone and try out for the Solo and Ensemble group and got a spot on the it.  They put on concerts and go to competitions. 

My DS7 is doing great in 1st grade this year.  All A's too and found out he is reading 2 1/2 grade levels ahead.  His teacher wants him tested for the gifted program next month.  He seems more confident in his abilities this year and is enjoying school.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM
4 moms liked this

My dd is doing a great job balancing work and college. She is also doing very well in college. I'm very proud of her.

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mumsy2three:

. She is also doing very well in college.

That is wonderful.I'm so happy for both of you.I know she and you had some concerns with her being anxious...so glad it is working out so well.

Love a happy update.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Dd is doing great in her sophomore year of college along with her job, equestrian club shows and lacrosse club.  Ds is a sophomore in high school, he is taking his first AP and 2 other honors courses, but still staying on the honor roll, all while busy with scouts, football, church and marching band. 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I am proud and grateful that my sons have once again stepped up to the plate and are helping take care of their Grandma.    She is not an easy lady and very needy.   The guys have really been troopers, which helps me tremendously.   

02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Glad he is doing so well

Quoting Reina13:

My son has a 3.5 GPA in his first year of college so far. I am really proud of how hard he is working and how serious he is taking everything. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)