Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

When you've been pissed at your teen, have you...

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 20 Replies

basicallly 'lost it' with them, yelling, grabbing by shirt collar, screaming, slapping across their head?

No judging here.  Lots of parents, whether they want to admit or not, have lost it and reached their boiling points.

well, tonight, after discovering that I had been lied to by my fifteen year old son, I got really upset. His dad and I allowed him to go hang out with friends at his school town, the plan was to be going trick or treating, hanging out, doing what teens do, supposedly. Even though I had sneaky feeling about it because he has lied to us on other occasions, we gave him the benefit of the doubt. At three thirty this afternoon, I had agreed to drive him to his friends house, approximately twenty five minutes away. I figured, as he stated, they'll hang out with the other teens, meet up with their other friend who stayed after school, and do what they said they'd do--trick or treat and hang out. As I dropped my son off, I asked him to call or facebook message me to let me know if he had a ride home and how things were going. Well, time went on and no call. Meanwhile, I was trying to coordinate our twelve year old going out to trick or treat. I didn't get to be with her because I had brought said fifteen year old to friends, while my husband brought her trick or treating. Anyway, I proceeded to contact some of his FB friends, asking had they seen my son. They said no. and the other FB friend did not reply to me. So, I followed my hunch that he was at another friend's house for whom I told our son he was not allowed to go to--this friend and family are big into pot. Well, luckily since I'm good at remembering phone numbers, even ones I rarely, if ever, use., I was able to recall and dial. Lo and behold our son was there. I told him I was heading right over there, again another twenty minute ride-to pick him up. I brought my husband along with me. Once there, I honked horn, and he came out of their house a few minutes later. I turned on the dome light of the car to find our son was under the influence of pot. Boy, did I let him have my a piece of mind. I really think I scared my husband. My husband backed me up on this. I lost my temper, I admit, but I did not hurt him. I really wanted to, though. I was that mad. I trusted him again, and he played me for the fool.  Guess I gotta ground him for a while.

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM

So sorry you are dealing with this!    I have been very angry at my sons, but I have never physically 'lost it'.    I have yelled at them, though, and said a few things I later regretted.

Gmgej
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have lost it, not often but they are pros at pushing buttons, and limits. Sorry momma the fact that you care enough to follow your gut tells me you are an awesome mom.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I have lost it and yelled at them.  I once dropped the f bomb, and the kids knew that I was mad, as I never use that word. 

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Yep I have. Not proud of it, but especially in that situation I would. My kids know that when the 'f' word comes out I'm not playing
02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM
3 moms liked this

I would have taken him to the ER and had him drug tested then had the police sent to the house for a bust.

suesues
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I hear you keep up the good work on finding him now he must suffer consequences 

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Lost it yelling before but never hit my teens.
I would have been livid. He would be going no where the whole month of November.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Out of my 3 kids my son is the one that gives me the least problems.  He is the most respectfull and almost never get mad at him.  However every now and again he'll do something that just causes me to loose it.  when he does get in trouble he gives me a doozie.    I've def  had those moments with him where i have to walk away.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I have yelled, but not "lost it" yelled- yet. I'm sure I will, though, as he is so much like me and I know I pushed my dad to that point once- he didn't hit me, but boy, did he go off! Scared the crap out of me b/c he's usually pretty even-keeled, even when upset.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I would have sat in the car and called the police.  What they are doing is illegal.  They are drugging your minor child!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)