Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

omg. no idea what to do (edited)

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 18 Replies

I just walked in on my 14 year old brother with his girlfriend half naked kissing on his bed. 

I think he snuck her in through his window. I told them to get dressed and I took her home. 

I have no idea how to handle this. I have no idea how to have "the talk" with a 14 year old boy.

have you had that talk with your teenagers yet? what do you say? how do I approach him, what do I say? ugh I'm so lost

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM
6 moms liked this

Do you live with your parents or does your brother live with you the answer depends on this

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Oh my gosh ,is this the same brother that just recently wanted to know how to tell if it was love...he learned quick.

What time was it and how did a young teen  girl get to your house so late at night and how was she getting home before you caught them..That is worrisome in itself.If he loves/like her ,remind him he does NOT want his gf wandering down the street late at night.

I guess you do need to have the talk NOW asap.

Do her parents know?

AllyB_
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM

yes its the same brother. I think he snuck her in through the window. I have no idea how long this has been going on but I need to figure out how to lock that window or something. 

I took her home and i knocked on her door and told her Mom about it

Quoting drfink:

Oh my gosh ,is this the same brother that just recently wanted to know how to tell if it was love...he learned quick.

What time was it and how did a young teen  girl get to your house so late at night and how was she getting home before you caught them..That is worrisome in itself.If he loves/like her ,remind him he does NOT want his gf wandering down the street late at night.

Do her parents know?

AllyB_
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM

He lives with me, I'm his guardian

Quoting 02nana07:

Do you live with your parents or does your brother live with you the answer depends on this

letstalk747
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

well , i assume he knows about protection and hopefully uses it or the girl uses something , of course this can happen anywhere anytime its not like anyone is going to stop this behaviour

good luck

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM
You can buy window allarns at Lowes or Home Depot that will sound if the window is opened. Also talk to your brother about how unsafe this behavior is especially the young girl being out after dark alone b

Quoting AllyB_:

yes its the same brother. I think he snuck her in through the window. I have no idea how long this has been going on but I need to figure out how to lock that window or something. 

Quoting drfink:

Do her parents know?

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Talk to him about safe sex, boundaries and rules of your home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM
What did her parents say?
AllyB_
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:45 PM

We have some like that at my moms house but you can turn them off and he knows how. Do they make some that cannot be turned off?

Quoting fammatthews4:

You can buy window allarns at Lowes or Home Depot that will sound if the window is opened. Also talk to your brother about how unsafe this behavior is especially the young girl being out after dark alone b

Quoting AllyB_:

Quoting drfink:

Do her parents know?

AllyB_
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM

her mom seemed pretty shocked and didn't say much. Her eyes about popped out of her head. I guess she was supposed to be at a friends house but lied about where she was. She said she would talk to her daughter and thanks for bringing her home.

Quoting GleekingOut:

What did her parents say?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)