Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

~11/3: Celebrate SAHMs~

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM
  • 12 Replies

0a1

NATIONAL HOUSEWIFE’S DAY

Each year on November 3, millions of people across the country celebrate National Housewife’s Day.  This day was created to make the day a special one for the “stay at home” mom, as their job taking care of the children and the home is a 24/7 one, that sometimes does not get the “thank you” that is much deserved.
-
The term “housewife” is an old term stemming from the days when most families were supported from one income.  The father worked and the mother stayed home to take care of the house and the children.   Times have changed and it is not always possible for one parent to stay at home, even though it is still preferred by many.  In today’s society, typically two incomes are needed to support a household.   If a mother is able to stay at home, the term “stay at home mom” or “domestic engineer” are favored over the term “housewife”.
-
Today, honor the “housewife” in your family or a “housewife” that you know.

http://nationaldaycalendar.com/category/looking-back/

Are you currently or have you ever been a sahm?
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM
I was a sahm from the time my oldest is 2. We were empty nesters till dd moved back home a few weeks ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Yes, I am a SAHM.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I was a SAHM from the time my oldest was a year old.    I went to work part time when our youngest was in middle school.

busy momThree Cheers for SAHM'S!!!   So often a thankless job.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I've been a sahm for pretty much the whole time I've been a parent. I did work about 15-20 hrs a wk for about 3 yrs, from the time ds1 was 1 1/2 y/o until a month before ds2 was born, but I've always considered myself a sahm.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I was a full time sahm for 18 years.  This past march i started working in hubs' office to help out... but I only work 12 hours/week.  I still view myself as a sahm since Im only gone while the kids are in school and if I need to change my hours to do something I can.

shorty13417
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM

yes, i'm a SAHM

DragonLover462
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I am currently a SAHM (waiting to get approved for disability).

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Currently am a SAHM.

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I have never been one.

PurpleHazey
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I am now and I hate it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)