Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

11/3 Random ?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:55 AM
  • 22 Replies

Have you ever researched your family tree?

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM
No, but my uncle did. Went to Germany and France. I have one of the most uncommon last names in the world. Only my brother, cousin and uncle have that last name in the US. All the others moved from Germany to France.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Yes, found some not so exciting stuff.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Donnie's Mom on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
No, but it does sound like an interesting thing to look in to.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

My parents were really into geneology....they delved as deep as they could.   My maternal Grandpa did his tree as well.     For me, it isn't really relative.    The history is interesting.....but the blood lines are not intact.  We have lots of step parents and non biological children in our family.  

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

No, but my uncle did. Went to Germany and France. I have one of the most uncommon last names in the world. Only my brother, cousin and uncle have that last name in the US. All the others moved from Germany to France.

That is interesting!   My last name (married name, not maiden) is uncommon due to the spelling... if anyone else has the same spelling, we know they are related to us.   When my Dh's grandfather, or was it great grandfather? arrived at Ellis Island from France, the authorities misunderstood and changed the spelling, and it was never corrected.

letstalk747
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM

no , but my aunt did years ago  , very interesting

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM
No but DH's Aunt has done a ton of research on her father's side of their family. Makes me want to research mine
wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Not a whole lot myself. We have visited the cemetary where a lot of my dad's side is buried and been able to make a few connections from that. My mom has done some into her side of the family, and my dad has a cousin who is really into it on that side of the family. Dh has been gathering some info from extended family on both side of the family.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:40 PM

no.  but my maternal grandfather did and I have a book of my family back to the early 1700s.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Lol, I am adopted and still trying to find some biological family let alone get a family tree started. I wish I could do that though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)