Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Has anyone you went to high school with

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Ida
  • 25 Replies

apologized for how they acted in school. 

I have had several and have no idea what they mean. 

One time I was at church visiting and 2 women came up to me hugged me and were crying and apologizing and my husband asked what they did to me and I told him I had no idea I had tons of friends and don't remember anyone that I had anthing more than the normal occasional fight with and we always made up.

I had another one say this morning how sorry they were and again I don't know why.

I have taught my kids to ignore people when they are mean to you it is usually because they are jealous and trying to make themselves feel better. 

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM
No because no one did anything to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JohnnysGirl27
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

No, but I did run into a girl who bullied me when I first moved to a new school in 7th grade. She never actually appologized, but she was extremely nice to me. Maybe it was just because now I've got a foot on her though ;)

letstalk747
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM

never

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM
No?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM

No. Of course, I was the quiet one, so no one ever really did anything to me or said anything about me (that I'm aware of).

sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I dont remember anyone ever doing anything bad to me... at least bad enough that they would feel they needed to appologize.

I however had a regret.  There was a girl I walked to school with freshman year.  I was new to the area and met her on the way to school and befriended her.  Since I was new I started getting involved to meet people, she had been there since kinder and had next to no friends.  I asked her to join in things with me but she never did.  After about a year I dropped her like a hot potato.  I always felt bad about that.

Fast forward to the 20 year class reunion.  I was on the committee and actually got to call her.  I told her all these years later I felt bad about that and I apologized.  She acknowledged that it had hurt her feelings and told me how she had hated high school.  I asked her about her life since and EVERY thing she told me about was negative.  She was and still is a miserable person.  I no longer feel ANY guilt what so ever.... some people simply can not be helped.  She hated it then and now because she is simply an unhappy person.... end of story.  

Looking back now, having spoken to her, Im glad I dropped her and didnt buy into her warped view of reality.  

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Me either thats what makes it strange I talked to them but weren't really close with the ones that apologized and if they would have done anything to me.

I am the type that would have called them on it and settled it then. 

Quoting atlmom2:

No because no one did anything to me.

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM

LOL that just goes to show size matters.  You think maybe she matured and feels bad now

Quoting JohnnysGirl27:

No, but I did run into a girl who bullied me when I first moved to a new school in 7th grade. She never actually appologized, but she was extremely nice to me. Maybe it was just because now I've got a foot on her though ;)

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM

They didn't do anything to me and one girl said something about me when I got pregnant and a friend of mine overheard and kicked her a** and never heard about anything else.

Quoting wakymom:

No. Of course, I was the quiet one, so no one ever really did anything to me or said anything about me (that I'm aware of).

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM

glad you got closure

nobody ever did anything to me and that is what is wierd they don't say why they are apologizing and it seems weird to ask what they did.

Quoting sahlady:

I dont remember anyone ever doing anything bad to me... at least bad enough that they would feel they needed to appologize.

I however had a regret.  There was a girl I walked to school with freshman year.  I was new to the area and met her on the way to school and befriended her.  Since I was new I started getting involved to meet people, she had been there since kinder and had next to no friends.  I asked her to join in things with me but she never did.  After about a year I dropped her like a hot potato.  I always felt bad about that.

Fast forward to the 20 year class reunion.  I was on the committee and actually got to call her.  I told her all these years later I felt bad about that and I apologized.  She acknowledged that it had hurt her feelings and told me how she had hated high school.  I asked her about her life since and EVERY thing she told me about was negative.  She was and still is a miserable person.  I no longer feel ANY guilt what so ever.... some people simply can not be helped.  She hated it then and now because she is simply an unhappy person.... end of story.  

Looking back now, having spoken to her, Im glad I dropped her and didnt buy into her warped view of reality.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)