Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you still keep in contact with high school friends?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 36 Replies

Do you still keep in contact with your high school friends?

What about those friends from high school who were your best friends? The ones you always hung out with?

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Reina on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just wondering because I planned a trip to visit my best friend from high school next year. 

We met when we were 14 yr old freshman and have been friends for over 25 years. 

TatyBear
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Yes.

Both my best friends and I still hang out regularly. We all live within the same.city still.

We have been friends since grade school.though.

20 yrs or so.

Others I still do on occasion.
Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Sadly, no.  I recently tried to find my BF who I met in 7th grade and remained friends with until sophomore year of college, when I went overseas, but she seems to have dropped off the planet (no social networking that I can find).  I had a falling out with my other close high school friends during senior year (they didn't like my boyfriend and when I didn't dump him they dumped me) and we never really re-connected.  I am Facebook friends with one of them and we correspond occasionally; one of my other close HS friends passed away due to cancer several years ago which made me very sad. I've never really been very good at holding onto girl friends...when the drama gets to be too much, I bail!

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Yes  my closest friend and I have been friends since high school.We were very good friends in high school but not my closest one then.I am still have active friendship with several high school friends .One of my closest friends now is someone I didn't really care for much in high school.She matured ,I matured ,we live near each other ,have teen boys close in age and would see each other at some get togethers and now we are very close.

Sadly my other closest friend and I are no longer friends.We met in sixth grade.She was unhappy in her first marriage and divorced.She met later and married a horrid man....he is exactly like her father she could NEVER please ...slowly she alienated and pulled away from her siblings ...suddenly she would obsess over every bump and flaw and tell them. .She didn't pull away from me but I became the recipient of her critiques and I just stopped calling back after a few years.It still makes me sad.Her husband is the exact same way ....he would rather be a loaner than associate people not as bright ,worthy etc .LOL my former friend is his fifth wife so ummmmm

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Yes, there are several people that I keep in regular contact.  It has been thirty years too!

hotmessbaby
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I am friends on Facebook with tons of people from school, and am now married to my high school babe after a fifteen year marriage to someone else, but I live too far away to be close friends in my daily life with any of them.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM

No.   I had lost contact with my high school friends by age 21.   We all took different paths.   Over the years I have been in touch with a few of them.

Reina13
by Reina on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I think that is neat. I have moved so much in my life, that I am frankly surprised that I have managed to stay in close contact with a few friends.

Quoting TatyBear:

Yes.

Both my best friends and I still hang out regularly. We all live within the same.city still.

We have been friends since grade school.though.

20 yrs or so.

Others I still do on occasion.

Reina13
by Reina on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I have tried to find other friends via social media as well only to be met with brick walls. Some people just don't leave internet trails.. ha

Quoting Niccalyn:

Sadly, no.  I recently tried to find my BF who I met in 7th grade and remained friends with until sophomore year of college, when I went overseas, but she seems to have dropped off the planet (no social networking that I can find).  I had a falling out with my other close high school friends during senior year (they didn't like my boyfriend and when I didn't dump him they dumped me) and we never really re-connected.  I am Facebook friends with one of them and we correspond occasionally; one of my other close HS friends passed away due to cancer several years ago which made me very sad. I've never really been very good at holding onto girl friends...when the drama gets to be too much, I bail!

Reina13
by Reina on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Wow, 5th wife. I guess no one will ever be 'good enough' for him. smh

Quoting drfink:

Yes  my closest friend and I have been friends since high school.We were very good friends in high school but not my closest one then.I am still have active friendship with several high school friends .One of my closest friends now is someone I didn't really care for much in high school.She matured ,I matured ,we live near each other ,have teen boys close in age and would see each other at some get togethers and now we are very close.

Sadly my other closest friend and I are no longer friends.We met in sixth grade.She was unhappy in her first marriage and divorced.She met later and married a horrid man....he is exactly like her father she could NEVER please ...slowly she alienated and pulled away from her siblings ...suddenly she would obsess over every bump and flaw and tell them. .She didn't pull away from me but I became the recipient of her critiques and I just stopped calling back after a few years.It still makes me sad.Her husband is the exact same way ....he would rather be a loaner than associate people not as bright ,worthy etc .LOL my former friend is his fifth wife so ummmmm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)