Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Time for "The Talk"

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 3 Replies
DS, 17, and his girlfriend, 17, have sex. They use condoms and she recently asked her mom for birth control pills. Her parents don't know they already have sex. I've had a few casual conversations with her mom; we're friendly.

Her mom asked me tonight to meet up this weekend. I agreed, because we've tried a few times but she's a nurse so her schedule is unpredictable. She's going to bring it up. We are going to have "the talk" about our kids.

What do I do? What do I say? They're good kids, being careful, and I've known for months.
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Talk to her daughter before hand let her know you are meeting with her mom and that she needs to be open and honest with her mother before the two of you meet and let her mom know she and your son are sexually active
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Are they both at the age of consent in your state? Did the girl get the birth control by herself? Where are they having sex? I assume you haven't aided them at all? I would say exactly what you said here to the mom. "They're good kids, they're being safe and they're not sneaking around" I wouldn't talk about knowing for months - honestly as the mom of a girl - if YOU came to me and told me you'd known for months that MY daughter was sexually active - I'd be pissed. They're 17 - there's  not much you can do about it.

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I agree let your sons GF know that her mom contacted you and that your getting together this weekend. ALos find out how much she let her mother know you don't want to open a can of worms that may become a time bomb. Better to go armed with information than be ambushed and stuggling for words.

Now I assume you don't have a problem with these two being in a intimate relationshis but her mother or parents might so I would choose my words very carefully about what you accept. I don't know if you allow them to be together in your home but if you do thats your business,it's your home no one elses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)