Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do your teens still have..

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

Do your teens still have a 'lovey' or something from childhood that comforted them?

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Reina on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM

My oldest still has his stuffed Mickey Mouse that we bought him when he was 3. It sits on the top of his closet in his apartment. No one is allowed to touch it. He just likes to know it is there. He wants to give it to his child one day.

My other son still has Sunny (a blue stuffed rabbit that has an almost completely torn off ear and missing eye). That is in my guest room closet, formerly his room.  He also wants to pass it down one day, but I think it will need major surgery first. ha

Thorlin
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:58 PM

My daughter has a bear called Anne. She keeps it on her bed at all times.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Kind of?    My oldest son's lovey was a baby blanket.   I still have it... it is in such sad shape that I have it contained in a big ziplock bag.

Both of my sons have stuffed dogs that look just like our late dog.  They got them the first Christmas we had our dog.    Our dog died at age 12.   Both guys have their stuffed "Riley Dogs" in their rooms.  

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:14 AM
My dd still had blanket from when she was a baby and toddler
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Yep, his baby blanket and baby have been at the bottom of his sleeping bag for every scout camp out and any overnight field trips from jr high to now have gone with a fairly lumpy pillow. They have been covered and recovered many times and they are now washed in a pillow case to minimize damage.

It goes along with the last things of childhood to hold onto. I wonder when and if he'll
EVER let me preserve them in the cedar chest. :-) it 's fine if not...but if he dates a girls who pushes to get rid of them while she has a curio cabinet and bed covered in memories , I might have an issue!
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:07 AM

I still have 2 of her little stuffed animals.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM
My 13 year old has a pink dog that was given to her when she was 2 and had surgery.
Msgme
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM

lol yes but we are not allowed to tell people  lol  his name is Mr Wuggims  and she's had him since birth.  He was a gift from my mother in law when she was born.  She doesnt alwaysleep with him anymore but he's always around  lol

This was the very last pic i was ever able to get of her and Mr. Wuggims   She was about 8 or 9 in this picture

shorty13417
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:04 PM

yes.... my son has a teddy bear that was gave to him by his great-aunt when he was about 6 or 7.. it stays on his bed.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Yes, they are packed away in closets but they know they are there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)