Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

DD had her first kiss yesterday...

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM
  • 20 Replies

...She is pretty open with me and has been talking about this boy in her drivers ed class since school started.

When she talks about him she lights up. Her smile gets so big.

She told me all about how it went down.

She was with him and friends at a coffee shop. She had just texted me to come pick her up.

He was about to leave and he asked her to come outside with him.

She told me her heart was pounding because she knew it was about to happen.

He basically leaned in and kissed her. (No tongue.)

He said he was rusty and apologized.

She stumbled with her words but was basically telling him she had nothing to compare it to. (he knew she had never been kissed before)

She told me they kissed like 4 more times. Then he left and she went back inside. All her friends were making motions towards their mouths asking if they kissed. She sheepishly said yes. They all cheered. LOL

I knew something was up when I picked her and two of her friends up. They got in the car and were all quiet.

When I dropped them off I asked her if he kissed her. She told me all about it but asked me not to let her friends know that she told me.

I find myself is a weird place.I'm happy she's happy and I think it's cute but at the same time she is my baby and I know what's all ahead. *sigh*

When was your teens first kiss? Did they tell you about it?

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaLoriLee
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine was 13 and he told me.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

How sweet.     Neither of my sons had a memorable 'first kiss'.   One kissed a girl on a dare, and the other during a game like spin the bottle.  lol.     Yes, they both told me.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My girls are 19 and 22. Do not know when their first kisses were. Mine was end of 8th grade. Had same boyfriend for 3 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd was 13  about  a week or so after Valentines day.   I got all the details soon as she walked in the house.  It happened at my front door.  She was hanging with him and  2 of her friends and he walked her to the door when they got home.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter came home from her first date and I knew. She was 18.
lakerfan420
by Jamie on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest was a month shy of 13, and it was with her first 'real' bf. She told me all about it, and then suddenly broke up with him shortly before her birthday. She ended up getting back with him February of last year though. My 14 year old has never been kissed, and has only had a couple at school bfs. One was last year, and one was last week. Both relationships only lasted about a week. She posted on fb a few days ago that she was single again, and happy about it. She's just not ready for all that yet, and that's fine by me. My girls are only 17 months apart, but socially about five years. My son is 12 and there's a girl he likes, but he's too shy at this point to act on it. Whenever I mention her name his face turns bright red.
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
My DD was 14 and in 8th grade and told me about it. My DS lol no idea? His first serious gf wasn't until his soph year of hs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, mine never have been kissed. My 17 year old has never had a girlfriend and desperately wants one. My 15 year old had a "boyfriend" a few years ago and they never did anything including holding hands. My 13 year old is the boy fever one and she hasn't kissed anyone because "holding hands is going too far" according to her.
PurpleHazey
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Puppy love is always fun, but this is something that I do not discuss with my children, I don't want to know about how they are kissing. My kids have been taught about sex and one thing I don't want to hear about is their play time because they will hear about how teens go through boy/girlfriends like I change my undies. It has worked so far so I most be doing something right.

PurpleHazey
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Quoting GleekingOut:

My daughter came home from her first date and I knew. She was 18.

Short and sweet, the key word here is "knew"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)