Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

She's in REMISSION!

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this

Doc called!  She is officially in remission!  My baby with crohn's who spent 3 months in and out of the hospital having every invasive procedure done and everything horrible happen to her and then switched doctors last month and has felt SO MUCH BETTER is now in REMISSION!!!  I talked to them about some of the symptoms still here and they informed me it is left over damage from what was done to her over that period of time and will take time to heal.

SO HAPPY I CAN'T STOP CRYING!  Now to just work on scoliosis and she's good to go!

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM

group hug glad things are getting better 

PurpleHazey
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM

That is great news, now take that much need nap!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Thanks, I've been crying all day.  Can't figure out why, but I am. I'm so happy though I feel like shopping!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Yay!   That is cause for celebration!   Give that poor girl a cookie!!!!  (Mom deserves one, too)

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What wonderful news .

Does the doc have any tips to help her stay in remission ?

Maybe shopping because it's enjoyable and your brain can let go of the constant worry about your daughter.Plus I would feel like happy crying also.Whew what a relief.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I'm not a shopper, in fact, I'm so "thrifty" I don't like to spend money unless I need to and I blew over 100 bucks today just because I wanted to!  I'm also not a cryer.  I can count on one hand how many times I have cried in front of my husband in the last 8 years and I couldn't even tell him without crying.  I started out "Don't freak out" just so he wouldn't be upset because I was crying, turned out I made it worse!  It's just the word "remission" that makes me just tear up, even writing it here it does it too.  I couldn't even tell her, I had to have hubby tell her because I was about to start crying in front of her entire school (huge field trip to a sports park) and I didn't want to scare her or embarrass her.  She's been texting me all day, Are you sure?  Really?  Am I really in remission?  She can't believe it.  I told her my goal to getting her all fixed up would be the first of the year and it's not even thanksgiving!  Tons to be thankful for.

Quoting drfink:

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What wonderful news .

Does the doc have any tips to help her stay in remission ?

Maybe shopping because it's enjoyable and your brain can let go of the constant worry about your daughter.Plus I would feel like happy crying also.Whew what a relief.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Yay!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM

So glad you got good news mama!!

ForeverLawst
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Glad to hear this!! I'm so happy she's feeling better. Now maybe you can breath a little? *HUGS*

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:55 PM

This is amazing news! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN