Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My 17 year old daughter having sex

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am so sad for my girl  

shes been depressed most of her life     seen drs  on meds      we have loved her dearly

not many friends     loved God and the kids in her youth group

cried out to God for help        He didnt help her

Found frirst boyfriend     he adores her and makes her happy      she is finally happy! 

so  why shouldnt she have sex with him?   we dont believe its good for her       but she is happy

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
It isn't good if she hopped in the sack soon after starting to date her first boyfriend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
There are a ton of things to respond to here and I'm sorry about how sad and depressed your daughter has been. :( That being said have you made CERTAIN she is using 2 effective types of birth control? Birth control pills, shot, implant, IUD or what have you by medical means as well as condoms to prevent any sexually transmitted infections and any mistakes with BC pills? Have you educated her on the morning after pill? Again sorry about her depression but the LAST thing a depressed teen needs is a baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Because she will be even more unhappy when he gets what he wants then moves on because guys don't want to get serious with a girl that gives it up to easy.  Most guys figure if she gave it to me that easy what will keep her from giving it to another guy.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I'm glad she's feeling happy now, but wish it wasn't because of a relationship with a boy.  As young as they are, chances are it won't work out and then she's going to jump right into that depression.  :(

I think it's up to you if you're ok with her having sex though.  If you think she's mature enough to handle the emotional and physical results then who are we to say otherwise?

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

With as fragmented as this is, I must inform you that finding happiness in a boy and sex is going to drive her further into a depression.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I would be extremely concerned with the fact that she has turned to a boy and sex to make her happy and deal with her depression.  You need to be prepared for things to be worse when the relationship does not work out.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Very true. Sad but true. My dd was not depressed and not having sex at 17 but took 6 months or longer to get over her boyfriend breaking up with her at 18.

Quoting fammatthews4:

I would be extremely concerned with the fact that she has turned to a boy and sex to make her happy and deal with her depression.  You need to be prepared for things to be worse when the relationship does not work out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Quoting fammatthews4:

I agree with you.

I hope your daughter is continuing to seek professional help. 

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Please tell me she is on birth control.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Honestly - it might be just me - but if it were MY daughter doing all this with depression and possibly other hidden mental illnesses, I would restrict her. Make him come to your house to see you and don't leave them unsupervised. Make them give you a clear itinerary for dates and if you're uneasy - CHECK on them. If the guy doesn't like this he will run screaming for the hills and you'll know he was only after her for sex. Who knows what she's saying to the boy? She could have told him that she was after just sex? We don't know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)