Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Help! My 17 year old manipulates me into letting him take my car

Posted by   + Show Post

He just got his license a week ago.  He'a asked to borrow the car a few times now and more fequently.  I feel very nervous because he's driving others kids around town too.  I lecture him about the consequences and somehow he persists and I just gave in.  Now I won't relax until he comes home.  I know I should just say no, in fact the only reason I paid $$470 for  insurance is so he can take his test.  Now he needs to earn money to buy his own car. I told him I'd match him dollar for dollar that he earns.  PLEASE ADVISE. I'm a single mom on a low income too.  If anyone knows of a good old 4 cylinder for sale please let me know 

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Replies (21-23):
Maryah02
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it

Joyzap2003
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 3:33 AM

When my youngest son get his license and a job he will only be allowed to take the truck to his place of employment and back home.  I will show him the quickest/easiest route to take and time how long it takes to get there.  Most of the places that teens can work around here are only a few miles from our house so he will be allowed to leave 20 minutes before his shift starts.  More than enough time to get there and he will be expected to be home within 15 minutes of his shift ending.  If he does not abide by those rules he will have to walk to work..weather permitting...or I will drive him to and from work.

PurpleHazey
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:20 AM

No works!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)