Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Bras for Small Breasted Teens?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM
  • 31 Replies

Wondering if there is anyone has found any good options finding bras for very small breasted teens? My girls are an A cup at best, depending on the style and generally 32 or 34 around. It is impossible to find bras outside resorting to the little girls department, which is a real blow to the self esteem. Thanks in advance.

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Unapologetic
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Unfortunately, AA & AAA are considered "training bra" size & are usually only available in the girl's section of stores.

Forever 21, JC Penny, Victoria's Secret, Target, Wal-Mart, all have bras starting at 32A.

I understand your struggle. My daughter has only been able to buy bras in the regular bra department for about a year & she is 16.  

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Victoria secret has nice ones. Aerie also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Unfortunately you won't find anything smaller than an A cup unless you shop in the girls section.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I agree with the first poster my teen is very small and we were shopping in the girls department at Walmart but finally went to the ladies department and found some small ones.  So I would try Walmart.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM

My dd is almost 20 and 92 lbs and never had an issue finding nice ones.  Right now Aerie is her fav store.  They have sales too.  Used to buy them from Victoria secret but loves the aerie ones now.  She tried on every brand and has her fav one now. 

cat4458
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

All my 15 yo wears are sports bras but she lives & breathes sports. Even sports bras have pad that you can take in and out of the bra.  Would she wear a sports bra?

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Try JC Penny's.  That's where I used to get my older girl's bras.  She was a 32A and they had some great ones in the junior section.  If you want, you can go to the "girls" section, select some on their size, and put them in the junior section so they won't know the difference.  Who really knows anymore with 17 year olds wearing bras with frogs on them too?

SugarrCane
Thank you ladies for all the birthday wishes! :)
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:34 PM

The bras in the little girls department look very grown up these days.  In fact, it was hard to find a suitable training bra for my 10 year old without padding or underwire.  Take a look at Kohls and Wal-Mart.  They have some by SO brand and Maidenform that she might like.  Good luck! 

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Every adult bra I see that is even A has padding.

Quoting fantasticfour:

Try JC Penny's.  That's where I used to get my older girl's bras.  She was a 32A and they had some great ones in the junior section.  If you want, you can go to the "girls" section, select some on their size, and put them in the junior section so they won't know the difference.  Who really knows anymore with 17 year olds wearing bras with frogs on them too?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I wear a AA. It's not about who knows, it's a personal thing, I don't want to wear a training bra because I am not a preteen. I assume the same goes for teens.

OP, I have ordered a few things online here
http://www.lulalu.com/
I've found them really good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)