Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My DD Moved Out!

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:32 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

for those of you who don't remember my other posts - she's 21 and has Aspergers Syndrome and (until now) bad anxiety/depression and I've always had troubles with her. Her best friend called her a week ago and said that there was a room for rent in his sharehouse if she wanted it - and when I got home - I found her with half her room packed ready to go. She moved in last saturday and besides having a few issues with not reading the grocery store's website correctly and spending more money than the internet told her she would -she's done really well. My only concern is that she is the ONLY girl living there - but nothing I can really do about that right? Her anxiety medication is going really well and she seems pretty happy. She has a pool which she seems to love. My only other concern is that they have to move again in January :/ But she didn't want to move away with us - and this was her solution (even though I WAS at this point forcing her to go with us because she had no other solution)

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I hope it all works out great for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I hope everything works out.  Good Luck to her.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Thanks ladies. I didn't sleep at all the first night. :/
ForeverLawst
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Hopefully, she will come into her own now. I know it's going to be hard on you because your family is moving and you will be worrying about her. She needs to go out into the world at some point. This is her male friend that treats her like a sister and protects her? 

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Yep. He told me that when they move in the new year he's finding a place for both of them.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

Hopefully, she will come into her own now. I know it's going to be hard on you because your family is moving and you will be worrying about her. She needs to go out into the world at some point. This is her male friend that treats her like a sister and protects her? 

ForeverLawst
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Oh good. =) She's showing a lot of promise in that she found a solution to her problem and acted on it. Don't worry too much.. *HUGS*

Quoting GleekingOut:

Yep. He told me that when they move in the new year he's finding a place for both of them.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM

That is good news, and parents worry. Thats just what we do. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Good luck to your dd. I hope everything goes well.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Good for her! I know it won't be easy on you- we Moms just naturally worry. Glad she has a good friend to help look after her.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Great News!   Glad to hear she is doing so well.    Your family is moving away?   Will you be far from her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)