Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Sharing clothes and raiding their closets

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 24 Replies

I have to tell you this funny story. My little guy is home sick today and my teenage neighbor just came over and asked me if I needed anything from the store because she knew my son was sick (sweet girl). I noticed the sweater she is wearing and mentioned how cute it looked on her. She said, 'thanks! It looks better on me than on mom but do me a favor don't mention it to her'. I laughed and told her not to worry, I knew better than to tell another woman that her teenage daughter looks better in something than she does. She looked at me strange and said, 'No..don't tell her Im wearing HER sweater. I have to change before she gets home. She hates when I raid her closet but she has the best clothes that all look better on me!"

I had to laugh because I used to do this too! When I was a teen, I used to raid my moms closet without her permission all the time. I had boys so this never happened to me.

Did you used to raid your moms closet? Does your daughter do the same to you?

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I would have never wore anything my Mom wore but I was too small.  She was average size and I was petite. 

NOW, my girls are petite and I need to lose weight.  My one dd is 92lbs.  She cannot trade clothes with any friend ever.  She kinda likes it that way.  Her sister can't wear her tiny clothes either. 

Msgme
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM

no i didnt raid  my moms closet.  Didnt live with her i lived with my grandparents.  I raided my grandpas closet all the time.   I used to love his buttoned down shirts and his vests. (it was the 80's)

My girls take my clothes sometimes but i'm a lil bigger than they are.  They wear a a size 1-2 im more of a size 7/8.   I do raid my sons and dh's closets for t-shirts.  They always have cooler shirts  lol

VarelaClan
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:27 PM
I used to raid my moms closet. Luckily, the only thing my 13 year old has taken out of mine is shoes. I raided hers for halloween though. ;-)
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM
No I didn't and the only thing DD wears of mine are my shoes. Sometimes my sweaters but they are too big for her.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I didn't raid my mom's closet and my dd doesn't raid mine.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I wore a couple of my mom's things, and a couple of my dad's shirts, too- I've always had more of a tomboy style : )

My dd is only 7 1/2 and already loves to wear a couple of my tshirts as nightshirts. She also snagged a pair of my slip-on slippers to take to school to wear in the classroom when they had a pj and slippers spirit dress up day.

Ds1 has actually worn a few of my things- a big, plain navy sweatshirt, and plain black tshirt (technically it's his dad's, but dad "outgrew" it, so I claimed it) and a flannel shirt (I get men's b/c I like the colors better most of the time).

carolhas2kids
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I used to raid my moms shoes all the time. My dds dont wear my things, I am too big.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Donnie's Mom on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I never liked my mom's clothes, still don't.
I don't have any daughters, just 2 boys, and I wear my older son's hoodies and jackets from time to time.
Linagma03
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:55 PM

No my Mom wore Mom clothes and she was bigger than me. My teen has gotten some of my stuff but she always asks. 

sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I never like my moms style.... and she was larger than I was.

My daughter and I trade sweaters and a couple shirts.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN