Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know what DC shoes are?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 28 Replies

My nephew that I don't get to speak to showed my mom an advertisment for DC shoes.  He said he wants a pair for christmas.  All my mom could tell me is that they were dark, had the emblem by the ankle and had green on them.  Oh yeah and the size.  Do you guys know about these shoes?  Give me an example of the popular styles?  I'm flying blind since I didn't even see the advertisement myself. 

He's very hard to buy for.  I'd call him on the phone but my brother blocks me from talking to him all the time.  Long story short, my brother thinks that I'm like him.  He doesn't like me so he badmouths me to his kids and would mine too if he ever bothered to go near them.  So he assumes that since I don't agree with him I'll badmouth him to his kids.  I wouldn't do that, he's their dad.  So I can't call him and ask him and I'd ask my niece who has a cell phone (and I do talk to) but she begged my mom NOT to buy them because she thinks they are ugly.  So no help there :(

If you know of a popular style, can you post a picture or link of it?

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM

DC is just a brand. Try googling them.

highlandmum
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

It is a brand of skateboard shoes - all my children have them.  I got them last year on boxing day and they were 50% to 70% off.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM

They are skater style shoes.    No idea which are most popular....just depends on the kid.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Wow no help, I have no idea which one he wants.  Thanks though.

highlandmum
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:30 PM

These are the ones my son has so do a few on his hockey team

SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM

my son has a pair.. skater shoes.. he loves them tho

proudmother5946
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Mobile Photo

These are my daughter's.
proudmother5946
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Famous footwear carries them.
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM

My YDD14 has a pair.  She loves them but some styles can be a little expensive.  She got her's on sale after Christmas last year with her own money.  I will say they hold up really well.  Aside from new shoe laces her's are still in great shape.  She got them at Journays at a local mall near us.

MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Do you live near a Ross?  Sometimes they carry DC shoes that are more affordable if cost is an issue.  They usually run $30-50 from what I have seen, but at Ross are around $20.  My DS likes them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)