Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What are your plans for Thanksgiving are you

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Ida
  • 20 Replies

staying home or eating somewhere else

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lakerfan420
by Jamie on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Eating at my mom's house, and then out to shop since most places are doing black friday so early this year. Luckily all the stuff I want from toys r us I can order online, what I want from walmart has the one hour guarantee and I usually hit best buy last for dvds for stockings since they usually still have what I'm looking for a few hours after they open. I'll be at my mom's super early to help cook, and we (myself, my mom, 2 local sisters and older kids) all hit up the sales together. It's kind of a tradition over here.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Still working on that. With DH deployed I don't want to make a bigger dinner for the kids and I, they don't really like the traditional meal. I would like to go home (OH) but don't really want to make the 10 hour drive. So I'm still trying to decide what we want to do b
lakerfan420
by Jamie on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
For me that drive would depend on the weather. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! And tell your dh thanks for serving, and to you too as I know your family sacrifices as well.

Quoting fammatthews4:

Still working on that. With DH deployed I don't want to make a bigger dinner for the kids and I, they don't really like the traditional meal. I would like to go home (OH) but don't really want to make the 10 hour drive. So I'm still trying to decide what we want to do b

ForeverLawst
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:34 AM

We're going to NH for the weekend. I am not looking forward to the cold weather up there. It's still hitting the high 70's to low 80's here. =/

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:57 AM

We host Thanksgiving dinner at our house. Usually ends up being 13-14 people (depending on if my bil has to work or not). I actually don't do a whole lot of the cooking- my aunt loves to cook, so she and my uncle kind of take over my kitchen : )

carolhas2kids
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:43 PM

no plans yet my dd is having her wisdom teeth removed the day before, so it may be very low key.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM

We got to my MIL's house every year.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Staying home.    I will work Thursday Morning, so DH will prepare the Turkey and take it to my Mom's (only a couple blocks away) to put in the oven.     It will be a small gathering this year, just 5-6 of us.

Momsalawyer
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM

turkeyWas so happy to read this question!  This year, for the first time in the 22 years I have been married I don't have to bring ALL the food (including butter and coffee) to my sister in laws filthy home.  My DS is a freshman about 6 hours away and he specifically asked that we host Thanksgiving here.  Sister in law pouting so she won't come, mother in law and her sister not coming either -  they decided to go out, one brother in law going out with older ladies, one (very very odd) brother in law coming here!  Don't know if I"ll be cooking for eight (my kids, the hubs, brother in law and daughter's BF) or 25; I am the house the teens all hang at. 

skyrose213
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I'm a nurse so we are doing thanksgiving next weekend because I'm off and I have to work thanksgiving. And its just me my husband and kids and my father here so its a small dinner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)