Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

~11/15 Clean out the Refrigerator today~

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:21 AM
  • 11 Replies

Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day

When : Always November 15th

Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day is today.

What's that in the back of the refrigerator!? I don't want to find out. Don't open it...... the odor may overwhelm you!!! Hold your breath, scrunch your nose if you must, and get to the task.

Everything in your refrigerator was once a fresh, healthy food, ready for your consumption. It may have been a tasty leftover, intended for later enjoyment. Unfortunately, over the course of weeks or more, things get pushed to the back of the refrigerator and slowly transform into something impossible to identify.

We've all run across items in the refrigerator that once were tasty food, But, now, they are some dried out, mold covered nasty, that you remove and dispose of at arms length.

Who wins the prize for the worst refrigerator surprises? Most often, it's workplace refrigerators.

Use this day to clean out your refrigerator, top to bottom. When it comes to food safety, we fall back to the old saying " When in doubt, throw it out!"

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/November/cleanrefrigeratorday.

How often do you clean out your fridge?

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Throw stuff away every 3 to 4 weeks. Actually clean it every few months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Most of the too-old stuff gets tossed on trash day, but I don't always remember to do that, so usually once a week, sometimes it goes 2 wks.

As for a clear everything out and clean it, rarely. I just wipe up spills as they happen.

SnowWhieQueen
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM

i try to do it once a week so there is room when i go to the store

bizzeemom2717
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Every Saturday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I try to go through it Tues night or Fri afternoon.Trash pickup is Wed and Sat.So once a week most of the time ,Occasionally I 'll miss so then 10 days.

Clean ,wipe out etc as needed if there is a spill but all together every few months.

shorty13417
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:06 PM

i toss old stuff out on trash day once a week

as for cleaning it.. i do that alteast once a month or try to remember to do that but i do wipe up spills as they happen.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Stuff don't stay in the fridge that long to spoil. I will clean something up write away if it spills but a complete cleaning of the fridge and drawers is like every few months.

justbereal
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Cleaned mine this morning
cybcm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM

We have 8 people in our house so most of the stuff gets eaten.

Every now and then I will find some condiment that expired many years ago though. Most recent one was thousand island dressing. Who the hell buys thousand island dressing anyway?

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I throw things out as I come across them....    I give it a good cleaning about once per month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN