Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

grrrrrrr

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 13 Replies

teen calls me this morning from college, on her roommates phone.  she dropped her phone and the screen is black.  dang it we put a life case on it before she left.... how can this happen?!  the college town is such a speck on the map that they dont even have a cell phone store.  the closest verizon store is an hour away.  

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Miracle thing.called overnight delivery?
Or life lesson...she can do without until she can replace it herself?
sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM

we have an extra phone here at home.  im going to switch her number to this phone and over night it.  but grrrrrrrr.  I thought that life case was supposed to prevent this sort of thing.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I know they told my son if he gets an otter box they replace the phone if it breaks while in it.  I don't know about the life case but tell her to hold on to her phone until you check into it.

Quoting sahlady:

we have an extra phone here at home.  im going to switch her number to this phone and over night it.  but grrrrrrrr.  I thought that life case was supposed to prevent this sort of thing.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM

We have had to replace my daughter's phone.  The problem with the case is that they need to keep the phone in it.  My daughter did not.  The phone went down a flight of stairs.

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Don't believe that nonsense.My daughter's otter box didn't protect her phone and the box cracked when she dropped it.The company said excessive ,unusual dropping ....hmmm I was with her, it fell from the hood of my suburban to the concrete driveway.They look for a way to void if the phone is damaged.

Quoting 02nana07:

I know they told my son if he gets an otter box they replace the phone if it breaks while in it.  I don't know about the life case but tell her to hold on to her phone until you check into it.

Quoting sahlady:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM

We've had better luck with otter box than with life proof.  Had a shattered screen with life proof--nothing has ever broken in an otter box.  Life proof is really only good for people who are around water a lot (since it is water proof).  We are an iPhone family and we get the Apple insurance--but in your case, not that helpful since I'm sure the closest Apple store is even farther away than the phone store!

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I'm amazed that the phones break at all. All the things me poor android has been through, yet here I am, typing away on it
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Bummer.  My dd could walk to the TMoblie store near campus at U of Dayton.  It is hicky too so I was shocked.  She ordered a new phone and it was mailed to her 48 hours later.  I just had to authorize her to make changes or order new phones etc on the account too.  That was easy.  I have a password to make changes so she knows that now too. 

I am shocked there is not a Verizon and all other phone stores nearby your dd. 

supercarp
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Get her a cheap phone for now.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM

A college town w/o a cell phone store?! That is odd.

Guess this is proof that the tough cases aren't guarantees that phones on't get damaged. I am glad that so far my Otterbox is doing a great job protecting my phone- I tend to be a bit clumsy and drop it more than I care to admit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN