Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Afraid to say Break A Leg cause he just might ....LOL

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

Last night was the first night of the fall JV Theater Pro.Co performance .My soph son has the male lead.It is a comedy with a few tear jerker moments.He tripped on his own two feet in a staged fall and hit his head ,very hard on a riser very close to the end.His last scene.He continued on and left the stage.The teacher came and got me ,he was woozy ,a dad on the front row came back as soon as it was over .He is a doc and it bothered him.I called our pedi.The other kid's dad said he looked good and gave me the same instructions as the pedi's office.He is fine and went to school today.

Last year in dress rehearsal in the afternoon of the first peformance he had pyrotechnic gloves on that caught fire.He had several small second degree burns ,if all together the size of a half dollar.He was treated by his pedi.He also went on that evening ...HIS choice

SOOOOO I'm looking for a way to stop his new tradition of getting injured first performance of the year ...any ideas ??????

With him I have quit saying break a leg cause he just might....  ; )

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Sounds like he needs a new interest maybe he should skip the 1st act if he continues.

I did drama club in school so I am sure he enjoys it just tell him to be carefull and hopefully no more accidents. 

And the fact he continues after the accident shows his passion for acting so you might have a star on your hands.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Has anyone told him "break a leg" isn't meant to be taken literally? ; )

I think the best you can do is remind him to be careful.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Glad he has survived so far!!     Maybe you can pinch him before he goes on....

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Glad he is ok!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Yikes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)